Sidney Jones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sidney Jones

CB, U of Wash, projected first round pick, possibly by the Eagles, blows out his achilles at his pro day workout. Expects to be running by June, and cleared to play by September.

I know the Eagles were interested in this kid. Where does he fall to in the draft? and should the Eagles take a flyer on him? "if" he gets healthy, he's starter material. So, they could conceivably get a starter a bit later in the draft.

Thoughts?

I'm hearing a # of conflicting reports on when Jones will be ready to play. He tore that achilles just last month so playing in September sounds awefully ambitious to me. I don't see the Birds taking him at #14 becuse we need CB's NOW. We don't have the luxury of drafting this Kid & waiting on him to be healthy. I know the Birds liked this Kid alot before he tore his achilles at his Pro Day Workout, just an unfortunate freak deal, but I don't see them drafting Jones at #14. Somebody will take him in the 2nd & get a steal with this Kid.
    Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

I certainly don't want him at #14, but he's going to slide out of the first round. I'm just wondering if the Eagles might have their eye on him later.

Comment

He's a little guy so he might heal faster that said.... a lot of planting and cutting on a newly repaired Achilles.

If he is there in third ok but not before.
        You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

I'm sure he'll be there in the second when our turn comes. I'd be fine if they took him in the third.
          Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Jones was on PFT this morning with Mike Florio & sounded pretty optimistic about getting back on the field. When asked by Florio about the draft he said that he would "LIKE" to go in the 1st rd but thought rd #2 was more realistic. Gonna be interesting to see how things shake out with Jones.
            Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

If you get a good CB in the first, I would have no problem taking him later on.
              We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Drafting a db with a torn Achilles? I don't want any part of him!! UDFA as far as I'm concerned.
                "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                  Drafting a db with a torn Achilles? I don't want any part of him!! UDFA as far as I'm concerned.
                  He's going to get drafted. The question is at what point does it become worth the risk. Obviously never for you, but I'm going to be real curious to see when he goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
                    He's going to get drafted. The question is at what point does it become worth the risk. Obviously never for you, but I'm going to be real curious to see when he goes.
                    We've whiffed on two of those already. Some DB named Iguonomous or something like that. The other was a TE with a screwed up knee that could never be fixed. We have enough problems with the healthy ones.
                    Last edited by Eagle60; 04-21-2017, 08:10 PM.

Comment

I've suggested this several times already, if Morgan, Lattimore, Fournette and Davis are gone by 14 I want them to trade back 4 or 5 spots and pick up an extra 3rd to use on Jones. The first round could be used on a RB (hopefully McCaffery is there but I won't hold my breath) or another stud CB like Humphrey or Conley. Getting Jones in the third is worth the risk of moving back and any of those three players at 19 would be a great pairing with him IMO.
                      Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                      Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
                        I've suggested this several times already, if Morgan, Lattimore, Fournette and Davis are gone by 14 I want them to trade back 4 or 5 spots and pick up an extra 3rd to use on Jones. The first round could be used on a RB (hopefully McCaffery is there but I won't hold my breath) or another stud CB like Humphrey or Conley. Getting Jones in the third is worth the risk of moving back and any of those three players at 19 would be a great pairing with him IMO.
                        Moving up is really expensive on draft day. Who knows what we would gain by moving back? I would guess that they have about five guys targeted and if they are all gone they would listen to offers. Howie will be in an orgasmic state on the 27th.

Comment

Working...
                        X