Observations Eagles SeaCheapshots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
    I’m no physiologist but can’t the hit to the back of the head cause the damage? seems like rabbit punches are outlawed for a reason.
    The hit to the back of the head will almost always cause a concussion. Clowney knew it he had a chance to take a cheap shot and he was allowed by a terrible officiating crew to get away with it. Not only that the broadcast of the game hid the fact it was illegal on so many counts. All they needed to do was go to their rules analyst and it would have changed the tide of how the game was talked about.

I have to say the Eagles team probably played it right but I really wanted some blood on the field. I wanted somebody to go after the CLOWN, its not like it was a one time occurrence, he did it last year against Foles and got away with it once again. Next time we play this guy he better be on the ground holding his knee. Back in the 70-80's this type of stuff was taken care of on the field. You took a shot like that a QB you better protect your knees because a high low take out was next.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

My take:
      Simple No Carson No chance. They battled but they were going to struggle in the redzone because they didn't have that dynamic playmaker at QB. That was an illegal hit. I have to say there is always some fishy officiating when we play Seattle. In the Chip Kelly era there was the O lineman 20 yards down field with no call that change that game. In Doug 1st year it's the illegal motion call on Nelson that got him benched that did not get called on Seattle the very next series. Then its the forward lateral during the Super Bowl year. No call. Then last night the worst of the worst. And of course Barnett hits Wilson and tries to hold him up and out comes the flag. Keeps a drive alive that they eventually score a TD on.
      Greg Ward is my new favorite player! Sanders played well minus the drop but it was big. Defense. I just give up. Chunk play after chunk play. Wilson is very good but if our DBs could just locate the damn ball and TURN THE F AROUND the game is different. Cox played like a man possessed.

Overall I was actually proud. Even without their leader they battled. They never quit. i think we found some players in Scott. Sanders Ward and maybe even Burnett (the WR) Team needs to go young. And for Pete's sake stay healthy!

Comment

Originally posted by Vet Turf View Post
        There is no way that if that hit was made on Wilson, Rodgers, Brady, etc, there would not have been a flag. He took several hits this year that should have been flags. The league MUST clean up their consistency with calls on the "elite" qbs and everyone else.

Clowney said there was no intent. BULLSHIT. You don't aim at another player's head with your helmet without intending to inflict maximum pain and maybe injury.
        On a play like that i think that the offender should miss as much time as the player that he hits. Seriously, what good is a 15 yard penalty when you use a player?
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

The whiplash effect of the initial helmet impact then the hit to the ground and the immediate bounce increases the chance of concussion!
          Fly EaglesFly!

Comment

Originally posted by beagle View Post
            The whiplash effect of the initial helmet impact then the hit to the ground and the immediate bounce increases the chance of concussion!

There you go. His head was moving forward at a high rate from the hit and then moving backward in an instant from hitting the ground. Pretty sure anyone with the same hit gets concussed whether it is hockey or football
            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
              My take:
              Simple No Carson No chance. They battled but they were going to struggle in the redzone because they didn't have that dynamic playmaker at QB. That was an illegal hit. I have to say there is always some fishy officiating when we play Seattle. In the Chip Kelly era there was the O lineman 20 yards down field with no call that change that game. In Doug 1st year it's the illegal motion call on Nelson that got him benched that did not get called on Seattle the very next series. Then its the forward lateral during the Super Bowl year. No call. Then last night the worst of the worst. And of course Barnett hits Wilson and tries to hold him up and out comes the flag. Keeps a drive alive that they eventually score a TD on.
              Greg Ward is my new favorite player! Sanders played well minus the drop but it was big. Defense. I just give up. Chunk play after chunk play. Wilson is very good but if our DBs could just locate the damn ball and TURN THE F AROUND the game is different. Cox played like a man possessed.

Overall I was actually proud. Even without their leader they battled. They never quit. i think we found some players in Scott. Sanders Ward and maybe even Burnett (the WR) Team needs to go young. And for Pete's sake stay healthy!
              That call cost us the game. Bastards.
              "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
              X