No announcement yet.

Lastest Blog From Clayton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock, the Raiders supposedly want TWO #1s for Porter. Aside from the fact that Porter comes off as a cross between FredEx and TO, they ain't even going to get ONE #1 for him.

Porter is not going to happen. Lelie wouldn't happen either, if not for Pinkston suffering these setbacks. Bringing in Lelie was a questionable decision with a healthy Pinkston. With Pinkston ailing, it's a no brainer. Send Denver the 3rd. Right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath
      Personally, I think Lelie is better than Pinkston, so that's not really a good comparison.
      I also agree that Lelie is better. But their stats are pretty comparable.

Pinkston:

2000 10 181 18.1 45 0
      2001 42 586 14.0 62 4
      2002 60 798 13.3 42 7
      2003 36 575 16.0 59 2
      2004 36 676 18.8 80 1

Lelie:

2002 35 525 15.0 48 2
      2003 37 628 17.0 60 2
      2004 54 1084 20.1 58 7
      2005 42 770 18.3 56 1

Comment

Nah, EB, I'll pass. Seeing Pinkston drop passes makes me ill. I don't want to bring in another guy who does the same thing.
        "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Swing, I've seen those stats, and agree that they are similar. But, those stats were posted during the regular season, when the games count. Lelie is a proven commodity, and can produce at this level. I am not comfortable with camp superstars like Baskett being counted on to produce when the games count. I am also not comfortable with Pinkston getting healthy. Given Pinkston's status, we really NEED Lelie. I'd have sent Denver a 3rd yesterday. Get him in here now. We are thinner at WR than freakin Calista Flockhart, and we have a player available that fits the need, knows the system, and can step right in and start. To me, it is a complete no-brainer. We are thin now. God help us if a couple more guys get dinged up. You guys wanna haggle over the compensation like we're up to our a$$es in NFL starting quality WRs. Look at the depth chart, for crying out loud.

Comment

EB, i completely agree that we need more WR depth. But i don't think Lelie is worth a 3rd rounder. I'd rather wait and see who gets cut. Maybe Lelie will!

Also, i'd throw out some feelers to N.E. about Branch, who's holding out. I'd give up a 2nd rounder for him if N.E. decides that they're sick of him holding out.

Comment

SOT. There are rumors on the Broncos boards that several teams have already offered up a 4th for Lelie. If there is any shred of truth to this, then he won't get cut.

I don't think the Eagles are the only team interested, which is why I want to see them make the move for a 3rd. This is one of the very few times in the past that I have ever wanted to give up one of our higher draft picks.

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH
                Man, theis FO really has some of you guys trained well. LOL!
                not the FO FRESH, THE LEAGUE!

nobody will give a 3rd or higher for Lelie. You'll see

The Broncos are countin on desperation. But they won't find it. Eventually they will take a 4th. Most likely in the NFC to keep him out of conference

Comment

Originally posted by stocknowledge
                  I agree with Swing. Lelie sucks. He is Pinkston's twin brother. I would not sacrifice a third for him. I would, however, go after Porter, who could mentor and make a nice bookend to Reggie Brown
                  * So you want TO Junior mentoring Porter? LMAO.

People - do you realize the guy got out of bed and reported to camp...GOT OUT OF BED AND REPORTED TO CAMP LOOKING LIKE THIS:

Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                  Playoff Appearances:
                  NFC Title Games:
                  Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

First off, If I had abs like that, I'd never wear a shirt either.

Second, IMO, we are desperate. That's my point. Let's see here...

Our starting WRs are arguably the worst starting tandem in the division.
                    Brown is still not a bonafide #1. He may develop into one, but it's not a given.
                    Pinkston cannot be counted on.
                    It's Gaffney's first year in our system, so we don't really know what we have there.
                    So, we're only an injury away from something like Gaffney-Greg Lewis.

If that's not desperate, I don't know what is.

I don't want to lose Lelie to someone else because their F'ing 4th round pick is probably going to be higher than ours. For God's sake, just send them the F'ing 3rd rounder. With out current situation at WR, a couple of injuries could damn near tank our f'ing season. Look at the depth chart.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY
                      Originally posted by stocknowledge
                      I agree with Swing. Lelie sucks. He is Pinkston's twin brother. I would not sacrifice a third for him. I would, however, go after Porter, who could mentor and make a nice bookend to Reggie Brown
                      * So you want TO Junior mentoring Porter? LMAO.
                      Porter isn't T.O. Junior. The guy he is playing with (Moss) is. Porter just wants to catch footballs. He wants to be the #1. He could do that here. The only problem with acquiring Porter is, as others have mentioned, the Raiders will not let him go cheaply. Al Davis would rather let him waste away (as he did with Marcus Allen) than please him.
                      "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

My point is that we just went thru chemistry issues. Lurie just came out and said "never again". Then they turn around and acquire a guy wearing a huge DOLLAR BILL Belt to work?

Yeah right. No chance.
                        Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                        Playoff Appearances:
                        NFC Title Games:
                        Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

We are not desperate. We have top-quality receivers (i.e. players who can catch the ball) in Brown, Westbrook, and Smith.

No need to overspend to get someone with the dropsies.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY
                            My point is that we just went thru chemistry issues. Lurie just came out and said "never again". Then they turn around and acquire a guy wearing a huge DOLLAR BILL Belt to work?

Yeah right. No chance.

You're probably right - Lurie will not make the same mistake twice. However, which malcontent would you rather have - Porter or Lelie?

Comment

I agree that Porter ain't happening.

But I would still send a 3rd to Denver for Lelie yesterday.

Comment

Lelie is no peach himself

4th

Comment

Working...
                                X