Players you DONT want selected at 14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
    If "fits Schwartz system" means cannot defend down the field but is physical. Than yup

But in my world, if you are not an elite speed "cover" corner, you have no business being drafted in the top 20

I would a 1,000 times over take a young HB to grow with Wentz before I take a tackling corner
    I agree Dawk. I still think that they need a wr because all of ours are on one year deals.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

1. OL
      2. OT
      3. QB
      4. That's it. I am not throwing anyone out. Who the hell knows. I love this time of year but hate it as well.

Comment

The closer it gets to the draft the more I'm liking McCaffery.

Comment

If "fits Schwartz system" means cannot defend down the field but is physical. Than yup

But in my world, if you are not an elite speed "cover" corner, you have no business being drafted in the top 20

I would a 1,000 times over take a young HB to grow with Wentz before I take a tackling corner
          So Humphrey who runs a 4.41 doesn't have elite speed for a CB? Please, you need a different argument on Humphrey. now if you say his technique on the deep ball is an issue, yes it is, but its not like it is with Mills who is 5 yards behind the guy, he is usually with the player, but just has poor technique in defending the football. You hope that at 20 years old you can teach him better technique. Every other thing with this kid screams number 1 corner.

I agree with taking a HB to grow with Wentz, just not in round 1. Backs can be found all throughout the draft and Douglas has done very well over his career at finding top caliber backs later in the draft.
          Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
            So Humphrey who runs a 4.41 doesn't have elite speed for a CB? Please, you need a different argument on Humphrey. now if you say his technique on the deep ball is an issue, yes it is, but its not like it is with Mills who is 5 yards behind the guy, he is usually with the player, but just has poor technique in defending the football. You hope that at 20 years old you can teach him better technique. Every other thing with this kid screams number 1 corner.

I agree with taking a HB to grow with Wentz, just not in round 1. Backs can be found all throughout the draft and Douglas has done very well over his career at finding top caliber backs later in the draft.
            I'm not sure you can teach a kid enough technique to defend a ball taz. That usually means that he can't find the ball. Carroll still can't find the thing and he's been playing a long time with good coaches. I think that you either have that part or you don't.

And Dawk, I don't think 4.4 is slow, do you?

Comment

And now take Conley off the board. According to TMZ he is the Ohio player being charged with Rape.

Comment

And now take Conley off the board. According to TMZ he is the Ohio player being charged with Rape.
                Unreal. It's a great game played by POS for the most part by these high profile colleges.
                It's really looking like we won't be taking a cb at 14 LOL!

Comment

Our best case scenario is that 2 or 3 QBs go before we pick at 14. To me, Watson is the only guy that is worth a first round pick and the only reason that any of these QBs would get picked in round 1 is because it gives teams that 5th year option. Hopefully that works to our advantage.
                  Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Either way these guys are a bunch of beauties LOL

TMZ IDs Gareon Conley As NFL Draft Prospect Reportedly Accused Of Sexual Assault

UPDATE (1:45 p.m. ET): The player has been identified by TMZ as Ohio State cornerback Gareon Conley.

Conley was ranked by NESN.com as the 19th best prospect in the draft prior to being ID’d.

TMZ obtained the police report. Here are the allegations of sexual assault.

“According to the report, the accuser says she met Conley in an elevator and he asked her to have a foursome with another friend of his,” TMZ wrote. “The woman says she declined and offered to watch the other people have sex instead.

“A short time later, the woman says Conley unbuttoned her pants and began to have sex with her. She claims she said, “No, stop, it hurts!” but he kept going until he finished. She says he then kicked her out of the hotel room.”

Conley’s friends, who were in the hotel at the time, told police he “never hooked up with the woman and that she was just mad that she got kicked out of the room,” according to TMZ.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                      TMZ IDs Gareon Conley As NFL Draft Prospect Reportedly Accused Of Sexual Assault

UPDATE (1:45 p.m. ET): The player has been identified by TMZ as Ohio State cornerback Gareon Conley.

Conley was ranked by NESN.com as the 19th best prospect in the draft prior to being ID’d.

TMZ obtained the police report. Here are the allegations of sexual assault.

“According to the report, the accuser says she met Conley in an elevator and he asked her to have a foursome with another friend of his,” TMZ wrote. “The woman says she declined and offered to watch the other people have sex instead.

“A short time later, the woman says Conley unbuttoned her pants and began to have sex with her. She claims she said, “No, stop, it hurts!” but he kept going until he finished. She says he then kicked her out of the hotel room.”

Conley’s friends, who were in the hotel at the time, told police he “never hooked up with the woman and that she was just mad that she got kicked out of the room,” according to TMZ.
                      Well a rape kit will tell if he "hooked up" with her. And if it does then their statements will actually incriminate him. Either way this won't be cleared up by the weekend.

Comment

Well a rape kit will tell if he "hooked up" with her. And if it does then their statements will actually incriminate him. Either way this won't be cleared up by the weekend.
                        Makes you wonder why he wouldn't talk to police before the draft. Seems to me that could be cleared up pretty quickly if he went in today for a dna test.

Comment

shouldn't have put the word "speed" in there. My bad
                          I meant more his coverage liability. He was burned deep ALOT
                          hard to believe with that front 7 making you look better

Comment

shouldn't have put the word "speed" in there. My bad
                            I meant more his coverage liability. He was burned deep ALOT
                            hard to believe with that front 7 making you look better
                            Got it, but we have to say so far he is not injured, didn't run a 4.7 and isn't being accused of rape so he is at this point he could be the best corner there at 14. I am thinking CB is not in play in round 1.

One other big thing here is this was suppose to be a great corner draft, now with Jones injury, Tabor slow foot speed (injury?) , Moreau's injury Conleys off the field stuff, this first round is starting to look very average for corners. Which means in round 2 we may have to take a chance on one of these guys or reach. Howie really did not do this team a service by not brining in at least a starting caliber FA CB. IF we thought Caroll and McKelvin were bad last year wait till Robinson and Mills are starting.

Comment

Got it, but we have to say so far he is not injured, didn't run a 4.7 and isn't being accused of rape so he is at this point he could be the best corner there at 14. I am thinking CB is not in play in round 1.

One other big thing here is this was suppose to be a great corner draft, now with Jones injury, Tabor slow foot speed (injury?) , Moreau's injury Conleys off the field stuff, this first round is starting to look very average for corners. Which means in round 2 we may have to take a chance on one of these guys or reach. Howie really did not do this team a service by not brining in at least a starting caliber FA CB. IF we thought Caroll and McKelvin were bad last year wait till Robinson and Mills are starting.
                              I agree taz. If we go defense I hope he's a guy that could put some heat on the QB. At the rate that the draft is going #14 doesn't look as hot as it once did. I sure hope some QBs go quick.

Comment

Did McKelvin sign with anyone or retire?

Comment

Working...
                                X