Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If we stay at 14....what does your board look like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
    I figured that part, but does that mean that found traces of something or does it just mean they drank too much water??? Very confusing. Like I said you either take the crap or you don't right? It's like saying that you are a little dead. You either are or you're not. Nobody says that you are alive but we'll going to treat you like you're dead.
    I guess most of those steroids produce stuff that the body normally produces -- just a lot more than natural -- so you expect to have some of that in your system. I mean, you *are* going to have testosterone in there -- it's just a matter of how much, and there are certain levels where it is obviously not something the body would naturally produce. I guess drinking lots of water can push those levels down to something which is feasible for the human body to produce -- meaning they can't say for sure you took steroids to get there -- so they often also test for common ways of trying to beat the testing, of which that is one. And they consider those failed drug tests.

I don't know enough to say if this type of thing is innocuous -- certainly the combine prospects often guzzle water for reasons other than that testing (gain weight quickly) -- or if they control for that, and know that this was diluted in ways specifically designed to beat a drug test. But at the very least, it means the player is automatically in the first stage of NFL drug testing.

I think it has now happened to both Reuben Foster and Peppers.

Comment

I think that if I'm drafting I disregard it, especially if you have an idiot on your team that you can use as an example who lost 10 games and millions of dollars because of it.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Rossovich View Post
        I'm thinking somehow it's watered down to dilute the evidence. Probably have a container of something, not saying water, hidden on the body to mix in with the urine.
        IMO he dumped something in the sample to dilute it. Back in my youth we had lots of ways for diluting the army piss tests. I once carried a test tube of water along and diluted the sample and I passed. We used small alka seltzer pieces carried between our fingers Visine bottles of anything to contaminate the bottle. Newer testing doesn't allow that to happen .
        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
          IMO he dumped something in the sample to dilute it. Back in my youth we had lots of ways for diluting the army piss tests. I once carried a test tube of water along and diluted the sample and I passed. We used small alka seltzer pieces carried between our fingers Visine bottles of anything to contaminate the bottle. Newer testing doesn't allow that to happen .
          Maybe he shoved it up his ass? I don't really care though. You can tell if these guys are totally stupid when you talk to them. Anybody could see that Johnson is a complete moron just by watching him. Like I said, we have a living example right in front of these guys to show them how to blow millions. I'm not worried about it. I hope Peppers drops and we get him in round 2.
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
          X