• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloom's dad's draft's diary's

Pretty cool.

http://blogs.philly.com/blinq/2006/05/b ... green.html

Then, the phone rings.

Jeremy is telling me he doesn't recognize the number. When he answers the GM asks him how he would like to be an Eagle. The room erupts. The cameras are rolling. It is pandemonium. I see his name flash across the screen.

Tears form in my eyes.

The rush of emotion which has been held in has its chance to flow. I am in shock. Not merely because he was drafted, but also because he is now heading to my hometown. I was born and raised in Philadelphia. I rooted for the Eagles and the Phillies. I was at the 1960 championship game. I know the town. I know the fans. I have all the visuals. Although it has been 40 years since I've lived there, you don't take Philly out of the Philadelphian.

That's cool. This kid is primed to be a hoemetown favorite. The anti- Mahe if you will. I pray for his sake that he doesn't SUCK!
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Hopefully his girlfriend will go to some Eagles games. She'll definitely be a fan favorite.

Comment

Anyone called the "anti-mahe" should be an immediate fan favorite

Comment

Isn't that one of the girls from that high school TV show filmed out in CA? Looks alot like her...
          Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

I don't watch the show but she's Cameran from The Real World San Diego.

They ALL look like that in Southern California...

Comment

Ahhh...thats right I got mixed up...I lived in SD for 8 years, believe me they do not all look that way, but it is close...
              Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

I never notice the ugly ones.

Comment

Working...
                X