No announcement yet.

The Philaphans Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm glad Adina isn't frequenting the board over there. Crow made his decisions, I disagreed with them so I moved on. I won't bash but Fresh's sentiments are exactly the same as mine.

Ladies & Gents - we have a knowledgeable, passionate and thought provoking group here. That is powerful. Watch what this place will do with the fire power already collected. WE were the ones that made the Eagles board at Philaphans great. There were dozens of us that followed Jeff over to Philaphans from the philly.com board to start the Eagles board. Change is good - we're doing it again and this place will be an even better home. I feel like Ray freakin' Kinsella - "People will come".

Comment

Yeah, YOU won't bash, Stevie, but I was always more hot-headed than you.

STEVEMC, best moderator there is, best there was, best there ever will be.
      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by IMK
        No one can be blamed for leaving, least of all you, VFK. After all, if the board isn't enjoyable, it'd be foolish to stay. I just think that by the time the season starts, things will have settled down and the board will start to repair itself. Maybe I'm wrong. We'll see.
        I hope so.
        Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

I'm with IMK on this one. I'll continue to dual post because I'm not sure eveyone is going to make the transition, I like reading the opinions over there plus I think things will calm down once the pre-season starts. However, I understand why people left because it was almost too much for me to take and I wasn't even in the line of fire, I just selfishly wish it didn't happen so that I could only have one enormous internet time suck to visit instead of two.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc
            I'm glad Adina isn't frequenting the board over there. Crow made his decisions, I disagreed with them so I moved on. I won't bash but Fresh's sentiments are exactly the same as mine.

Ladies & Gents - we have a knowledgeable, passionate and thought provoking group here. That is powerful. Watch what this place will do with the fire power already collected. WE were the ones that made the Eagles board at Philaphans great. There were dozens of us that followed Jeff over to Philaphans from the philly.com board to start the Eagles board. Change is good - we're doing it again and this place will be an even better home. I feel like Ray freakin' Kinsella - "People will come".
            I will second Stevemc's sentiments!

A number knew me from the Philaphans site, but I stopped posting because of the nastiness in attitude and approach many had described. I however still tried to keep up with discussions on that site due to my respect for posters like Stevemc, MDFan, Big Philly, Fresh, YPCM, and many others.

I am excited to see that the majority of those posters are now here on this site, and it is that passion for football and the Eagles that drives me to participate.

So, I am looking forward to Eagles talk the way used to be, passion for the team, healthy dialogue and discussion even amidst disagreement with other fans or the FO.

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH
              Yeah, YOU won't bash, Stevie, but I was always more hot-headed than you.

STEVEMC, best moderator there is, best there was, best there ever will be.
              Well, better than that Bobby Taylor wannabee, but thats damning with faint praise.....

Besides which, stevemc is doubly welcome as is now automatically the resident board cap expert, at least until Grand Cap Master Poconinny shows up.

Comment

Whatever you do ... DON'T invite TaylorMade. I never liked that guy.

Comment

Crowhuck is a real asshole. I'll leave it at that.
                  Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                  Playoff Appearances:
                  NFC Title Games:
                  Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAM
                    Whatever you do ... DON'T invite TaylorMade. I never liked that guy.
                    LOL!!
                    Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

LOL! Can't believe you guys remember that.

But you know, you've gotta take the good with the bad. My fascination with guys wearing #21 on this team has spanned almost 20 years.
                      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

LOL! Can't believe you guys remember that.

But you know, you've gotta take the good with the bad. My fascination with guys wearing #21 on this team has spanned almost 20 years.
                        Dude - how can we forget? I've got stuff like that etched in my mind along with the temporary "arrangement" you use to have with your wife. It's amazing what we know about eachother!

Comment

Well, for any other #21 fans, read and enjoy this piece of nostalgia.......

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/ ... p?id=37454

Comment

Well, for any other #21 fans, read and enjoy this piece of nostalgia.......

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/ ... p?id=37454
                            It would be great and yet sad to see the '91 defense in a reunion. Great to see the players but sad that both Reggie & Jerome wouldn't be there with their teammates.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY
                              Crowhuck is a real asshole. I'll leave it at that.
                              And if anybody needs a lesson in what kind of board they want-- just take a read of some of the "new" flyerphans eagle talk board.

They act like a bunch of teenage girls.

It's a a real shame!

Comment

By the way - I love SCREAM - but damn if he's not trying to prop up that Eagles board.

His arms must be tired!!!
                                Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                                Playoff Appearances:
                                NFC Title Games:
                                Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Working...
                                X