Juan Castillo running the OL combine drills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juan Castillo running the OL combine drills

To me this means the Eagles will NOT take one of the top OL but instead load up on a few mid rounders like they have in year's past. Castillo has a keen eye and can find the guys that have good attitudes, are sharp, can take direction, etc.

He has a great track record. Unless the Birds are blown away by somebody I really think they won't take an OL high in the draft but rather take a few developmental guys that Castillo thinks he can work with like a Nick Cole, Jean-Gilles, Herremans, etc.
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

The team could not compete without Jamall Jackson at Center. Since Jackson won't be near 100% for another year, I expect the Eagles to give priority to the position in Free Agency or the Draft.

Comment

The Eagles almost always come away from the draft with at least two mid-to-late-round OL. High draft picks, oddly enough, have been rare, with only three picks in the first two rounds during Reid's 11 drafts. Ironic since people have bitched for YEARS about how Reid is constantly using first round picks on offensive linemen.

Comment

Originally posted by IMK View Post
        The Eagles almost always come away from the draft with at least two mid-to-late-round OL. High draft picks, oddly enough, have been rare, with only three picks in the first two rounds during Reid's 11 drafts. Ironic since people have bitched for YEARS about how Reid is constantly using first round picks on offensive linemen.

I agree. I never understood the Mormon thing either.
        FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Haven't watched the guy much,but he's been starting in washington for a couple years. Casey Rabach is about to be released. Don't really know how good he is.
          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Working...
          X