The Birds should go with two QBs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Birds should go with two QBs

Why should we keep Tebow or Barkley? They are both horrible and beyond the "development " stage. If we cut them neither one would be picked up anyway so they could be resigned if we got desperate . Also, CJ Kinne is around too if need be. Why not keep an extra player that might actually help the team? The Pats only have carried two for the last couple of years. I just read where Chip never carried a third QB once all last year so why waste a roster spot on them?
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

the problem is, I think Chip has a Teboner
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
      the problem is, I think Chip has a Teboner
      Then let's hope that he plays even worse than usual tomorrow night.

Comment

Totally agree. If we're down to QB#3, we are totally hosed anyway. Also, I would think that our best chance at converting 2 point conversions is with BRADFORD, not tebow.

Cut them both .. they'll both be available anyway.

Comment

I tend to agree but I think Barkley isn't as bad as most of you think he is.
          Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

That 'Tebow up the middle for two points play' is golden. No one will stop that
            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
              I tend to agree but I think Barkley isn't as bad as most of you think he is.
              Agree. He may even get picked up if we drop him (which I am inclined to do, because if we get to QB #3 we are hosed).
              "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Yeah, I don't think Barkley is horrible. He's looked OK. The biggest issue in real games was the interceptions, but that was mostly rookie year and being put into games where the Eagles were well behind.

I don't think he's more than a backup, but he could be a solid NFL backup. His stats weren't great this last game but his first two passes were beautiful and were horrifically dropped by Pratt and Tomlinson. His stats go from 5 for 9 to 7 for 9 if those two are caught, and probably gets more first downs etc. as well.

He seems to be clearly behind Sanchez though, and if a guy is not ready to be a #2 QB in his third year in the system.... I can see looking for someone else to groom. He probably needs a shot elsewhere.

I just do not want Tebow to be that QB. But I may not get my wish. So if that is the case, I pray that Tebow is the inactive #3 all season long.

Comment

Not sure why anybody seems think that Chip would show his hand in fake phoney games in regards to the goal line plays he might have in mind for Tebow. Since none of us sees the weeks of practice, we are really at Chip's mercy when it comes to making judgments. Not like the old days when you could go to camp and see the comparisons.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                    Not sure why anybody seems think that Chip would show his hand in fake phoney games in regards to the goal line plays he might have in mind for Tebow. Since none of us sees the weeks of practice, we are really at Chip's mercy when it comes to making judgments. Not like the old days when you could go to camp and see the comparisons.
                    Like the play he ran to weeks ago where his receiver was open by five yards and his pass was so bad it almost missed the ground? Chip can design the best play in football history but it's worthless if Tim can't execute it. And we have to take Bradford out of the game for that??? It makes zero sense to me.

Comment

Yup, that play is the be all and end all.

But I am glad you agree that execution is soooo much more important.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post

I miss camp Bud!!!

Comment

I agree here actually. Barkley might sign somewhere but Tebow and Kinne would be available and if we need a third stringer for more than a week who cares anyway.
                          You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                            [/B]

I miss camp Bud!!!
                            Me too Mike. But then again I miss a "few" things from just a couple of years ago.

I might agree with you on the 2 QB thing --- if Sam wasn't a strong breeze away from being done.

Comment

That Johnson kid for the Jets looked pretty good last night. I doubt that the Jets will carry 4 QBs until Smith gets back.

Comment

Working...
                              X