Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brees Signed

2 yrs 44.25 mil guaranteed
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Originally posted by musicman View Post
    2 yrs 44.25 mil guaranteed
    Should've held out for more. Now Payton has enough time to draft a QB.

Great show by Cowherd this morning where he talked about the lack of pro preparation of college QB's because college coaches have an interest in winning the next game not getting their player ready for the next level.

And tied it into how Bress is worth every penny to the Saints because with out him, the Saints have nada.

So, if I'm Brees, I would've asked for more.

Comment

Saints have a terrible cap situation, so if Brees really just wanted to stay and not move to a new team, he may have had to cave some. But if he voids the option after two years, that would cause a giant cap hit that year -- so maybe that will give him leverage then (not sure; have not seen the exact terms).

It's unlike Condon to give up that much leverage, but if Brees had told him privately that he wanted to stay in New Orleans, then this may have been the best they could have done. It does open up a fair chunk of cap space for them this year, most likely, which could roll over every year until they need it if the voiding option gets exercised.

Comment

Originally posted by WCPhan View Post
        Should've held out for more. Now Payton has enough time to draft a QB.

Great show by Cowherd this morning where he talked about the lack of pro preparation of college QB's because college coaches have an interest in winning the next game not getting their player ready for the next level.

And tied it into how Bress is worth every penny to the Saints because with out him, the Saints have nada.

So, if I'm Brees, I would've asked for more.
        He did. The asshole wanted to sink the franchise again for $100 million over five years. You're really going to tell me that you feel sorry for a guy making $22 million a year? Please.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Thats why the NFL needs to establish a true minor league system and get out of the college corruption business. They have gotten a free pass for way too long and the NCAA should be disbanded.

It would greatly help our education system too since they can get back to, you know, teaching our children we are sending to school for obscene amounts of money.
          Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Originally posted by Vote for Kalas View Post
            Thats why the NFL needs to establish a true minor league system and get out of the college corruption business. They have gotten a free pass for way too long and the NCAA should be disbanded.

It would greatly help our education system too since they can get back to, you know, teaching our children we are sending to school for obscene amounts of money.
            Haha VF. Good one. I'd say the colleges would revolt due to the money they make though.

I'm not sure what that has to do with Bees though.
            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
            X