Graham to hold out??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
    It will all depend on how many snaps those two DTs can handle.
    Barnett is a DE but I understand your point. We could use another DT that's for sure unless Qualls surprises people.

Comment

Originally posted by WCPhan View Post
      Barnett is a DE but I understand your point. We could use another DT that's for sure unless Qualls surprises people.
      Qualls didn't impress me in ANY of the vids I watched.
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by WCPhan View Post
        He's supposed to be a run stuffer. I don't think that he's going to help pass rushers much.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
          Source: Agent hasn't asked Eagles to redo Brandon Graham's contract

Yesterday, Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer , citing NFL sources, reported Brandot Graham is unhappy with his contract and is expected to skip this month's OTAs and possibly might risk a fine by sitting out the mandatory minicamp in June.

A source with knowledge of the situation told Les Bowen of the Philadelphia Daily News that Graham's agent, Joel Segal, has not approached the Eagles about reworking Graham's four-year, $26 million contract, signed in 2015. The source played down the significance of Graham's absence from the current voluntary workouts.

Overthecap.com ranks Graham's deal 14th of 124 contracts for 4-3 defensive ends, which seems appropriate, but last year the Eagles gave Vinny Curry $46.25 million over five years. Nobody had a terribly productive sack year for the Eagles in 2016. Graham (5.5 sacks) finished second to Fletcher Cox (6.5), and well ahead of Curry (2.5). Though Graham did not make the Pro Bowl, he was named second team All-Pro by the Associated Press, in recognition of his constant pressure, even if it didn't result in a lot of sacks.

The Eagles are in a tight cap spot and are unlikely to just hand Graham more money, but if there is a way to work a moderate extension of his deal and lower his $7.5 million cap number for each of the remaining two seasons of his current contract, that might make sense for both sides. Since fully recovering from a serious knee injury suffered when he was a first-round rookie in 2010, a process that took until 2012, Graham has played in 64 successive regular-season games. He won't turn 30 until next April.
          Let's face it, it's always about the money (quoted from MDFAN).

Comment

Howard Eskin
            ✔ ‎@howardeskin

He's back but never left. @brandongraham55 is back at #eagles nova care facility. His comment to me about holdout story "Yeah man fake news"

Comment

Graham denies holding out

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2...ws-report-fake

Comment

Working...
              X