Anyone Worried about Marty Now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Worried about Marty Now?

I think Marty Morningweg deserves some good pub IMO for having the #1 offense in the NFL...Reid just gave him mucho credit on NFL Network. I know there was alot of doubt when Childress left and Marty became the O Coordinator and based on his Detroit HC tenure...

Hey maybe we can even give Dave Culley some pub for his great group of WR!
    Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Marty and Reid together have been wonderful at exploiting mismatches for big plays.

The challenge is to stay fresh, and unpredictable.

Comment

Well, I was never a Marty basher -- and lord knows there were enough of them here --and he took some major abuse here---but I was, and still am, a Culley "non believer"... IMO too many WR have come through his tutelage and left no better and maybe even worse then when they entered. (strictly from an outside vantage point)

I have never heard ANY WR on this team go out of his way to acknowledge Culley as a wonderful tutor or somebody that taught them a lot. Maybe i just missed it.

Comment

Honestly, given the history of Detroit, I think just about every coach there in recent years gets a mulligan.
        Matt Millen, however, is another story

Comment

Originally posted by FearTheDawk
          Honestly, given the history of Detroit, I think just about every coach there in recent years gets a mulligan.
          Matt Millen, however, is another story

Rumour has it that he's trying to get his name legally changed to Matt Mulligan.

Comment

Forgive my ignorance, but I've been wondering this for years and haven't ever seen a good answer. What does the OC actually do in Reid's offense? Reid still is the "architect," and calls the actual plays, right?
            Originally posted by DuckyNinja
            I think if FredEx were still on the Eagles, he'd be our best receiver. Seriously. No joke.

Comment

The OC fetches cheesesteaks and beer

Comment

Love the flea flicker, talk about surprising everyone.

Hate the 3d and inches pass play. That sucked, and fooled no one.

All in all the O is moving the hell out of the ball without much of a running game. Best of all they're scoring and they put up 31 on a very good Dallas D, the extra 7 for Sheppard was a bonus.
                Redskins Suck Ass

Comment

He's really been a big help to this offense.

Many people thought it was a joke that he was given the OC job but he is really a good OC. He's just a shitty HC. We see a lot of guys like that. They are great coordinators and poor HC's.

Ray Rhodes
                  Mike Martz
                  Gunther Cunningham
                  Mike Mularky (in PIT; not in MIA so far)

In the offseason I put up a post on CF and the EMB that talked about what Marty's offense did in SF and it was pretty telling. He had a great offense out there. He can do this job.

I think he's helped Reid open his eyes to quite a few things; namely the 2 minute offense and the no-huddle stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by phatj
                    Forgive my ignorance, but I've been wondering this for years and haven't ever seen a good answer. What does the OC actually do in Reid's offense? Reid still is the "architect," and calls the actual plays, right?
                    I thought I heard Andy say the other day that Marty now calls the plays.

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny
                      Originally posted by phatj
                      I thought I heard Andy say the other day that Marty now calls the plays.
                      Interesting. Can anyone confirm this?

I wonder if Marty called the pass on 3rd-and-inches, or if Andy overruled him?
                      Originally posted by DuckyNinja
                      I think if FredEx were still on the Eagles, he'd be our best receiver. Seriously. No joke.

Comment

Well, tonight on NFL Network, Reid gave basically all the credit to Marty for the offensive success so far...so you can read that as either Reid being his usual humble and complimentary to his coaches self or it can mean Marty is running the offense including calling the plays...I think it is probably a combo of both.

Last year, Marty, Brad and Reid all coordinated during the week and during install of the game plan on the scripted plays and other options they could use...then during the game they gave input to Reid who made the final call...I assume Marty & Reid are working in a similar situation, but that Marty has been successful in convincing Reid to use some new approaches...the no-huddle for example.
                        Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

I love the deep ball. The passing game is working well. But, they still can't run worth a damned, and have shown an inability to salt games away at the end that could very well come back to haunt us. Like I said in another post, that game yesterday came very close to wandering into disaster territory.

Comment

I wonder if the Rams fans cried throughout their Superbowl run about the pass/run ratio? It seems winning wont change the Philly fans outlook toward it.

I was one of the fans who showed support to Marty and the way AR had him on board. I have faith in AR in his management of the team and I knew he was keeping Marty there to replace Brad. It was one of those "not so cheap" moves that was made in preparation for the revovling doors of coaches. We did not miss a beat because of Lurie putting up money to hold Marty as the Quality Control for the O coach.

#1 O in the league after 5 games. All this done with a receiving crew that the experts were laughing at in preseason. Somehow Marty has to get credit for that.
                            Pedro

Comment

I was never worried. I remember the guys work in SF. Some guys make great coordinators and bad HC's. Just like PP said.

Now if the guy takes over as HC color me worried.
                              FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Working...
                              X