Players under contract and the CBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Players under contract and the CBA

Was listening to an NFL beat writer pretty in the know on the financial issues around the league and he claims that players are really going to be watching this CBA thing closely especially those borderline players that could be cut and out of a job.

For instance, Stacy Andrews. With this potentially being an uncapped year teams can release guys this year without a lot of residual BS to worry about.

Obviously people see the high end of how this is going to effect things but he thinks the bigger deal is going to be on the low end and Andrews this weekend coming out and saying he is willing to restructure is evidence that the agents/players realize it.

Removing the cap also removes the floor so if you are a team like the Jags, Chiefs, Rams, Bucs you may slash payroll considerably for a year or two to save up for a run and just let your young players develop. Could turn into a baseball like setup in the short term.

And for a guy like Andrews he may be thinking I need to restructure and get my 3 million from the Eagles because if I go out and hit the open market teams aren't going to be willing to match that type of money.
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.
Working...
X