#4 Overall Pick | Target Two Guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY View Post
    * I have not been studying it but I would think Jarvis Jones, Star Lotulelei, Luke Joeckel and Damontre Moore all seem like pro bowl talents. Perhaps Milliner is better than I think. I'll respect your perspective here.

Whatever we decided to do - we can't whiff on this pick. We need a pro bowler.

Agree we need a Pro Bowler. Here is my overall board right now

1. Star Lotulelei DT
    2. Luke Joeckel OT
    3. Jarvis Jones DE/OLB
    4. Manti Teo LB
    5. Dee Miliner DB
    6. Damontre Moore DE/OLB
    7. Matt Barkley QB
    8. Mike Glennon QB
    9. Bjoern Warner DE
    10. Chance Womack OG

They won't go in this order, players will drop out etc. If you notice I am not a Geno Smith fan. I think Matt Barkley is best QB in this draft, his performance this year was down but I think he played through injury the entire year. You don't go from a projected top 5 pick in 2012 to out of the first round the next year.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Geno Smith has potential but the team that reaches for him thinking he's going to be Newton or RG3 is going to be severly disapointed. If he works hard - he can be Russell Wilson.

Wilson is not that great - he's stayed within the Seattle system well this year - made some throws. Long term - he's not in RG3 and Luck's league.
      Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
      Playoff Appearances:
      NFC Title Games:
      Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
        The big difference between the offensive line and the secondary is the offensive preformed poorly because they were decimated by injurys and lacked depth. The Secondary preformed poorly because they lacked talent. Both need to be addressed, but the secondary has to be 1, 1a, 2 and 2a in my mind.
        The offense was terrible to start the season. Peters was injured but it took a bit before the house caved in on the injury front. The offense has lots of talent agreed but there is some logic to picking a tackle -- Herremans regressed quite a bit this year even before injury, and Peters is a question mark after his terrible injury. If you think a tackle is the BPA right there, then I'd go that way. But yes, maybe the line rebounds with the real starters back, and maybe a different scheme/coach can bring out a better performance. And you may be able to find good complementary players later in the draft.

I do agree on the secondary, although again, they were pretty respectable the first six games -- that is including Nnamdi, DRC, Allen, Coleman, etc. It was only after Castillo was fired that they appeared to lose any clue on how to play. A different coach and system, and some of those same players may look an awful lot better. But still, I'm not sure there is a stud in the bunch, and if you can find one with that #4 pick, that would also be fine with me. Just don't reach because of need. We may be able to sign some free agents as well.

The secondary is going to be interesting, and may well depend on the defensive coordinator and/or coach who gets hired. We could see wholesale turnover, with a bunch of other medium veterans signed. Or maybe we keep some of the younger guys and see how they do over the summer. Nnamdi... I don't think he's back unless he restructures, or they need that salary to get to the minimum payroll (which I think kicks in this year). DRC is the interesting one... do you pay him and hope he gets more consistent (as DeSean seemed to do once he got paid), or let him walk. Any chance we put the transition tag on him? Some of the other young guys may be more than fine as backups, particularly if there is someone better they can learn from. All those guys have seen constant turnover in the defensive coaching staff and I'd like to see them have some kind of chance with decent coaching. Under Bowles when he was just a position coach they weren't too bad really. Agreed that that is the area we need most help in, but using the top pick may not be the best way to address it.

Comment

I like the idea of tagging DRC. At least get something for him if he leaves, and make it costly. You need to hold him in pocket at least until you decide what you are doing with NNamndi. I think ONE of them has to be retained.

At safety, the cupboard is bare. Again I say you keep Allen as you have to keep someone, and it's not Coleman or Anderson as a starter.

Taz, I like that 6 of your top ten are on the defensive side of the ball. And I like the idea of trying to trade back a few spots for Millner and picking up a selection that gets us more ammo to get back into the late first or second rounds for more defensive help.
          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

I absolutely don't want to see the Birds trade down from #4. At #5 Detroit would sprint to the podium to take Milliner. Their secondary is as bad as ours.
            I still think Joeckel is the pick but it'll come down to the new Coach. IMO a guy like O'Brien would go OT but Kelly might like Milliner. Too early to tell yet but I hope we stay put at #4.
            Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Originally posted by j-bird View Post
              I absolutely don't want to see the Birds trade down from #4. At #5 Detroit would sprint to the podium to take Milliner. Their secondary is as bad as ours.
              I still think Joeckel is the pick but it'll come down to the new Coach. IMO a guy like O'Brien would go OT but Kelly might like Milliner. Too early to tell yet but I hope we stay put at #4.
              I agree. I hate the trading down stuff.
              "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Nobody is trading down. The value is not there for teams trading up.
                Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                Playoff Appearances:
                NFC Title Games:
                Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Well... right now maybe. Draft boards will change dramatically between now and the draft, and maybe there emerge 5-6 players that teams suddenly get interested in over everyone else. Or maybe not, and everyone will be trying to trade down.

Comment

BP in all due respect, what are you talking about. The value is not there to trade up? We simply don't know that, all it takes is one team to fall in love with one of the top 4 guys, he falls to the Eagles and they offer up a nice deal. Every year there are trades in the draft and every year there is value in the trades.

There is alot to be weighed. A very good point was just made on Milliner, Detroit could grab him at 5. There secondary was almost as bad as ours. So if we do trade back it can't be too far, and we need a second option to Milliner. That would be Teo in my mind. I keep looking at Arizona as a Dance partner and its not for Joeckel or Lotulilie or one of the ends. Its for Matt Barkley who at the end of the day will still be a top 5 pick.
                    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Friekin VALUE! I'm so sick of hearing that every year. Value, value, value that turns into JUNK,JUNK and more JUNK. We're picking 4th this year and dammit let's take the FORTH best player in college football. We did it with Tre Thomas and Corey Simon. We did it with McNabb. We did just fine until the "gurus" got into the mix with value.
                      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

E60 and BP are correct. We will probably be picking 4th. There are not going to be 3-6 top, can't miss guys this year. The draft may be deep in terms of talent, but there are not a few players that everyone is in agreement on as being over the top. Last year was an aberation and I dont beleive we will see that much movement this year.

Comment

Can we pick jadaveon clowney this year and just wait?
                          You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

I just wanna see us pick the BPA without ever hearing the word tweener again. Pick the best stud when each pick comes .We wasted so many picks trying to mold a player into what we wanted him to become.
                            We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I am not sold on Teo at the pro level. OL or corner.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                                Can we pick jadaveon clowney this year and just wait?
                                Great post
                                Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                                Playoff Appearances:
                                NFC Title Games:
                                Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Working...
                                X