Eagles D article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagles D article

Interesting take on what the Def may look like this year. I also think this is what the Birds are going to run this year.

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2...e-the-43-under
    Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

Don't get sucked in Zep. I did buy into the defense that played great for 3 games last year. But Kelly and his DC don't have much of a track record. It all sounds good, but this defense is built on rejects from other teams. I can't get jazzed up about them.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Not getting sucked in. I merely was agreeing with this gentlemen's take of what the scheme was going to look like. I think they're going to run some version of the 4-3 under, and he did a very good job of explaining how the individual positions behave in this d. The individuals themselves weren't what I was focusing on.
      Last edited by Zepster; 05-09-2013, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zepster View Post
        Not getting sucked in. I merely was agreeing with this gentlemen's take of what the scheme was going to look like. I think they're going to run some version of the 4-3 under, and he did a very good job of explaining how the individual positions behave in this d. The individuals themselves wasn't what I was focusing on.
        The more I know, the less I know Zep. Who the heck can figure what went wrong with our defense last year. Damn, they looked like world beaters until we played Arizona last year. Then they just fell apart. There are a million offensive football plays and a million defensive plays too. It's who executes and I suppose a little lucky at times to see who succeeds. Hey, it's a new season and I'm eager as hell to see what this bunch does. Who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
          The more I know, the less I know Zep. Who the heck can figure what went wrong with our defense last year. Damn, they looked like world beaters until we played Arizona last year. Then they just fell apart. There are a million offensive football plays and a million defensive plays too. It's who executes and I suppose a little lucky at times to see who succeeds. Hey, it's a new season and I'm eager as hell to see what this bunch does. Who knows?
          I think their were a lot of internal things going on there that had lots to do with the collapse. It was just time for wholesale changes. I don't know what's going to happen either, I, along with the majority of us are just speculating. Hell I'm speculating on anothers speculation, haha. If it weren't for that these boards wouldn't exist.

Comment

That's a pretty good breakdown of what to expect on D this year. The Leo spot is the question mark here & Cole sounds like he's not a good fit in that spot. Gonna be interesting to see how it shakes out in TC.
            Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Originally posted by j-bird View Post
              That's a pretty good breakdown of what to expect on D this year. The Leo spot is the question mark here & Cole sounds like he's not a good fit in that spot. Gonna be interesting to see how it shakes out in TC.
              I just can't imagine a defense that would be better without Cole. I think he gets worn down and should be some part of a rotation at this point.

Comment

Good article. And I agree, E60, that Cole should now be a rotational player. We are probably a piece or two away from making this defense a success. We have to be patient this year with the expectation that we are one or two years away from really being competitive.
                "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Working...
                X