Ryan Matthews signed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThoughtProcess View Post
    Just heard on TV that Demarco Murray is still in play for the eagles and raiders. Then the reporter said that Murray called the eagles and relayed a mutual interest. It was said that Murray initiated the contact.

Mathews, Sproles, Murray in a RB by committee approach?
    That would certainly change the mood around here!
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
      That would certainly change the mood around here!
      I wonder if Murray wants to stick it to his old squad, or if he wants to re-unite with his college buddy Bradford. Or both.

Comment

I wonder if Murray wants to stick it to his old squad, or if he wants to re-unite with his college buddy Bradford. Or both.
        Just geterdone!

Comment

Well, here is a link to that story about Murray wanting to come to Philly, despite Mathews' signing:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12...delphia-eagles

Chris Mortenson, ESPN

League rushing champion DeMarco Murray personally reached out to Philadelphia Eagles coach Chip Kelly on Wednesday morning, expressing his desire to play in Kelly's spread offense and with former Oklahoma roommate and quarterback Sam Bradford, according to league and team sources.

Murray's call was enough to jump-start tepid interest from the Eagles, despite their signing of former Chargers running back Ryan Mathews.

The obstacle for Murray signing with the Eagles still would be money, a source said, as Kelly has made it publicly and privately clear the team will be financially prudent in their personnel decisions.

During his discussion with Kelly, a source said Murray characterized Bradford, who was acquired by the Eagles from the Rams on Tuesday, as one of his best friends. Both operated successfully out of Oklahoma's spread offense when they were teammates from 2007-09. Murray also played the 2010 season at Oklahoma after Bradford moved on to the NFL.

Of course, Murray just won the rushing title in 2014 for the Cowboys running behind one of the best offensive lines in the league.
          The Cowboys are still monitoring Murray's market in free agency and would like to re-sign him.

Comment

Well, here is a link to that story about Murray wanting to come to Philly, despite Mathews' signing:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12...delphia-eagles
            He should have called earlier!

Comment

I'd love to have him. Both he and Mathews would benefit from fewer reps, as both have had injury issues. That 3 headed monster also allows Sproles to play out wide and mitigate some of the WR concerns.

Comment

Originally posted by kyfred View Post
                I'd love to have him. Both he and Mathews would benefit from fewer reps, as both have had injury issues. That 3 headed monster also allows Sproles to play out wide and mitigate some of the WR concerns.
                As long as we're not looking at 10 in the box all season.

Comment

TWITTER-Bleeding Green Nation

Eagles players are recruiting DeMarco Murray to Philly, Dez Bryant is getting mad

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                    Eagles players are recruiting DeMarco Murray to Philly, Dez Bryant is getting mad
                    Maybe Jerry should call Dez's babysitter they assigned him and make sure he doesn't have a temper tantrum!
                    Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

Comment

Be careful. Dez may come to Philly and cruise the walmarts looking for someone's wife to beat.

Comment

And yes, 10 in the box concerns me. Right now I see a lot of 2 TE sets with Sproles and Mathews out wide. 3 yards and a cloud of dust football

Comment

Originally posted by kyfred View Post
                          This would make sense plus it guards against injury. If you lose one you still have the other two.

Yes we will face a lot of 10 in the box, I think however Chip is going to address receiver once again in the draft. Who knows maybe he is working on a deal for a receiver from another team.
                          Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                            This would make sense plus it guards against injury. If you lose one you still have the other two.

Yes we will face a lot of 10 in the box, I think however Chip is going to address receiver once again in the draft. Who knows maybe he is working on a deal for a receiver from another team.
                            Maybe we'll get Jackson back and solve all our problems!

Comment

Too bad that we signed Mathews

Sources: DeMarco Murray reaches out to Chip Kelly

League-rushing champion DeMarco Murray personally reached out to Philadelphia Eagles coach Chip Kelly on Wednesday morning, expressing his desire to play in Kelly's spread offense and with former Oklahoma roommate and quarterback Sam Bradford, Chris Mortensen of ESPN reports. This according to league and team sources.

Murray's call was enough to jump-start tepid interest from the Eagles, despite their signing of former Chargers running back Ryan Mathews.

The obstacle for Murray signing with the Eagles still would be money, a source said, as Kelly has made it publicly and privately clear the team will be financially prudent in their personnel decisions.

During his discussion with Kelly, a source said Murray characterized Bradford, who was acquired by the Eagles from the Rams on Tuesday, as one of his best friends. Both operated successfully out of Oklahoma's spread offense when they were teammates from 2007-09. Murray also played the 2010 season at Oklahoma after Bradford moved on to the NFL.

"Absolutely. I've been trying my hardest," Bradford said Wednesday of trying to recruit Murray. "I've called him. I've texted him. I've done everything. We've been in communication. If we can somehow land him, it would be a great pickup. Not only is he a great player, he's a great person. He's a really close friend of mine, too. I think he can really help this ball club."

Comment

Word is that he's very hurt/pissed at the way he believes Jerry/Stephen dissed him. Would love to stick it too Dallas but won't come cheap enough for the Birds to bite.

Comment

Working...
                                X