Tebow??? WTF?#?!!!!???!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tebow??? WTF?#?!!!!???!?!

Chip Kelly continues to collect running backs at a dizzying pace.

Wait, what?

According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, Eagles coach Chip Kelly has just turned his own personal don’t-give-a-damn meter to 11, bringing quarterback Tim Tebow in for a workout.

He’s just messing with us at this point.

The idea of Tebow and Mark Sanchez together again is almost too perfect to put into words. Kelly carries himself with a smartest-guy-in-the-room vibe anyway, but bringing in a guy the rest of the NFL had given up on speaks to a bit of hubris.

Could Tebow run the Eagles’ system, considering his roots running a spread offense at Florida? Sure. Maybe. Who knows?

But the rest of the league hasn’t saw fit to see for themselves, which might be the real reason Kelly did this.
    Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

Tebow is not an NFL QB. But, he is someone who will run through a wall for the team. Can he block, be a #3/#4 TE/RB/ hybrid and a gimmick QB. Could he do what Barkley does? Is it worth the circus that accompanies him? Is it another case of Chip having fun at the media’s expense? Is his mantra to keep people guessing about his moves?

Comment

Chip's just pressing the collective button of the philly media/fanbase, and probably having himself a good chuckle.

Comment

He's better than Barkley.

Comment

Originally posted by WCPhan View Post
          He's better than Barkley.
          You know what? You're right!!
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Ok, so I have a Florida bias but.......I'd take Tebow on our roster. IF Chip could find a role for him that did not inlude quarterback quarterback....or quarterback.
            http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Agree. I love Tebow as whatever. He is a football player that could fill multiple positions and be an emergency QB.
              You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Tebow is fine. It's the zoo that follows him around that I'd rather not deal with. Plus, this just might be the last straw for tino to handle. There's no telling what he'll do if Tebow signs. :

Comment

I also would not be upset to see him here, Barkley just does nothing for me.

After saying that ...... This just have been a bit of smoke to take the media pressure off the Eagles/MM rumors.

Comment

I could see Chip doing this as a way to get a door open for a kid he admires. Everyone is watching to see what Chip is going to do next. If he looks at Tebow, someone else might take a look. I heard Tebow would be at the veteran combine.
                    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I just read that the Birds worked out Tebow but didn't sign him. ESPN also reports the Birds will take anything for Barkley.

Eagles would deal QB Barkley for 'late pick'

According to Chris Mortensen of ESPN, the Eagles would trade Matt Barkley for "a late draft pick."

Comment

You try and get that late pick for Barkley, then sign Tebow.

However......who in the name of all that is holy would give anything for Barkley? LOL!
                        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
                          Ok, so I have a Florida bias but.......I'd take Tebow on our roster. IF Chip could find a role for him that did not inlude quarterback quarterback....or quarterback.
                          Laying aside all but the only two issues that should really be taken into consideration...1) the range of skills Tebow brings to the field and 2) the distractions that will inevitably develop as a result of the lazy whores in the media and, to a lessor extent, Tebow's impassioned followers...the question becomes 'Is what he adds to the team with his ability worth more than the unavoidable distractions that probably come with him?'
                          Last edited by tinopuno; 03-16-2015, 10:51 PM.

Comment

I agree that Tebow may be better than Barkley, but I am hoping they take a flyer on a QB in the draft who is better than both. Bennett in the 7th round works for me.
                            Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
                            Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                              Tebow is fine. It's the zoo that follows him around that I'd rather not deal with. Plus, this just might be the last straw for tino to handle. There's no telling what he'll do if Tebow signs. :
                              Maybe absence makes the heart grow fonder...or at least less annoyed.

I've mellowed somewhat on Tebow since he 's been out of the lime light and, especially, since the steady drumbeat from the fringe Tebow lunatics has grown silent. It was always the crazed subset of 'supporters' who didn't seem to know shit about football but who kept insisting Tebow had not been given a chance that annoyed me more than Tebow himself.

My only real problem with Tebow the person was that I thought he failed to live up to his billing as a 'super team mate' in his behavior regarding then starter Kyle Orton in Denver. Instead of standing up and seriously asking his supporters to back of their incessant, almost frantic attacks on Orton and demands that he be made starter, Tebow remained essentially silent. Even if his heart wasn't in it, he should have taken Orton's back IMO.

But that's old news. I wouldn't at all mind seeing Tebow given a chance to demonstrate he has actual value to an NFL team. But as I imply in a another post in this thread, I don't think the Birds need the distractions that come with the package...especially with all the changes in personnel Horse Trader Chip has engineered this off season. I want to see what Kelly can do with all this interesting mix of new talent without the back ground noise that I believe would come with Tebow.

Comment

Working...
                              X