Might Be the Key to This Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Might Be the Key to This Season

We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Cox, Jackson and Jernigan. Yeah baby!!!
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

and a bunch of gifted DEs
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

So how many DL do we typically carry ? 10 I believe. I would say a recent draft pick may be leaving, Josh Sweat. I kinda like what little I saw of Hall . Barnett, Curry, Graham, Hall, Miller,Ostman and Sweat at DE and Cox, Hector, Hester, Jackson, Jernigan, Ridgeway and some camp bodies. There's a nice blend of talent there. I'm guessing Barnett, Curry, Graham, Miller, Cox, Jackson, Jernigan, Ridgeway are safe, that leaves Hall, Sweat, Ostman, Hector, and Hester . I've heard they are high on Ostman and he's gotten bigger and stronger. It's good to be making tough decisions.

Comment

I like that we have so much talent that we will need to let some go. Beats the hell out of those times when our team didn’t have much talent. And the guys making the decisions seemingly get the cuts right most of the time.

Comment

yes Ross, remember the years when almost every draft pick was assured a spot and you could guess who was leaving every year ? I would rather see the present situation. Kinda like how the vultures watched the 49ers moves.

Comment

Sorry, but there is really only one "key" to this season---- Wentz!!

His health and improvement!

And then the second "key" is injuries and how the gods treat us!

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                Sorry, but there is really only one "key" to this season---- Wentz!!

His health and improvement!

And then the second "key" is injuries and how the gods treat us!
                That's certainly true MD but you can make that argument for all NFL teams . Granted we are more worried about him getting hurt because of his history but I don't think that the chances of him getting hurt are anymore than any other team's QB. Maybe we can absorb a few injuries because of our depth but I agree that we do have to keep Carson upright just like any other teams does.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                  That's certainly true MD but you can make that argument for all NFL teams . Granted we are more worried about him getting hurt because of his history but I don't think that the chances of him getting hurt are anymore than any other team's QB. Maybe we can absorb a few injuries because of our depth but I agree that we do have to keep Carson upright just like any other teams does.
                  That is why he is KEY---- we can overcome a lot--- but not him going down again--- OR--- not coming back 100% and continuing to improve!

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                    That is why he is KEY---- we can overcome a lot--- but not him going down again--- OR--- not coming back 100% and continuing to improve!
                    Yes I know MD. When I think of his back injury I'm constantly reminded of Tony Romo's problems. It's certainly a concern. I feel a lot better about the fact that it's not a disc problem though.

Comment

Working...
                    X