Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying or sellin#6- Will the Iggs go with only 2 QB's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying or sellin#6- Will the Iggs go with only 2 QB's?

You buyin or sellin that the Eagles will only carry 2 active QB's on the 53?

Buying.

If McNabb and Garcia both go down, then the season's shot anyway, and Chang's not showed that he's a prospect worth keeping.

Use the roster spot for another defensive lineman

Comment

I am with Pigster!

A third QB is not going to save our season if McNabb goes down again. So I would be more pissed if we lost a Juqua Thomas, Lajuan Ramsey, or even Jeremy Bloom because the Eagles kept Koy as the third active QB.

In addition, Chang will be safe on the PS as a developmental player.

Comment

I'd love to buy this one.....but I'm not. I can't see Andy not carrying 3. But truth be told, if we lost McNabb during the season and needed another QB on the roster, it would take all of 5 seconds to find one off the street equal to or BETTER than Koy.

F-it! I'll buy....and hope.
        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

I'm like Fresh, I want to buy it, just not sure AR will do it.

Anybody know how many teams actually do this?

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN

This is what I was wondering. I don't remember anyone doing this except where team's have a player who had played the QB position in a former life (college, high school, etc.) Didn't the Eagles do it for a game in a pinch - and have Brian Mitchell as their unofficial 3rd QB?

Comment

Come on, how many teams only carry 2 qbs? Do any? Even when McNabb and Koy went down in '02, we brought in TEE MARTIN rather than give the roster spot to another position. The whole idea is just wishful thinking.

Comment

Why are people so down on Timmy Chang? He played so much better than Koy this season. If he isn't the 3rd QB on the team (PS or not) then Andy really has his head up his ass.

Comment

So no teams actually only carry 2 QB's on their 53?

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN

From 2003:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m ... _108196846

People talk about Atlanta going with only Dung Johnson and Kurt Kittner. But Michael Vick will be back soon, so it's a short-term risk. It's the other teams with just two guys--Indianapolis, Washington, San Diego, Cleveland and Buffalo--that are flirting with disaster.

So it's not unheard of, just not common.

Comment

Working...
                    X