Damn are we lucky!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn are we lucky!!

We all know how humble and selfless Wentz is but I just watched Foles’ MVP press conference and I am really blown away by this team. Foles is genuine in his humility especially compared to Brady’s childish tantrums. Here is the press conference if you missed it. Think about him compared to Brady’s character as you watch it.

" width="425" height="344">
    " />
    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

It would be awesome to keep him long term.
    Fly EaglesFly!

Comment

I was moved by his genuine humility, his groundedness (sp?) and his ability to communicate both articulately. Nick remains the genuinely good dude (in the broadest sense) that he was when he was with the Birds in 2013. The difference is that he has since experienced some lows as a player and perhaps been exposed to some disheartening/confusing coaching relationships that left him questioning whether his love for the game was still strong enough for him to commit to make the personal investment required to go on.

We are all so very glad he hung in there!

Nick's story puts me in mind of Robert Redford in the allegorical film, The Natural. The young talent rich hitting phenom whose head is turned by the black widow female who shoots and almost kills him and certainly ends his career. Years later he is rediscovered, returns to the game and reaches the pinnacle of success in the championship game. Jim Fisher would be the black widow female in Nick's case and AR would be the guy who initially offers him a path to redemption with Doug cast the final and essential part in this passion play.

I always cry at the end of The Natural just as I did last Sunday night. Redemption gets me every time.

Comment

Working...
      X