Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PFT: Eagles Considering Bringing In A Defensive Consultant

Per Mortensen, ESPN: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ve-consultant/

Chris Mortensen of ESPN reports that the Eagles will consider during the bye week the possibility of bringing in a defensive consultant.
    The problem is that most defensive coaches who want to work have jobs.
    Perhaps the most intriguing possibility is former Titans defensive coordinator Chuck Cecil

http://igglesblitz.com/philadelphia-...of-consultant/

Comment

On his show today Spads totally squashed the notion of a consultant coming in. Not happening.
      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

What would be the point of bringing someone in unless you change the D around? The Wide 9 is not working because of personnel.
        FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz View Post
          What would be the point of bringing someone in unless you change the D around? The Wide 9 is not working because of personnel.

That's only partially true Ghost of Blitz Past. Castillo seems to have absolutely no answers to stopping the run. We had false hope in week one simply because Jackson got hurt -- otherwise we'd probably have the most running yards allowed in the league. Someone has to do something or this season is lost. Fixing the D is the single most important thing we can do right now. Fix that and the offense will find their mojo again and this team can start working towards a possible wild card. The only way that happens is if Juan is gone as DC. He's taken the "Dream Team" and turned it into a nightmare.
          Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
          Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

The Eagles should really consider hiring a defensive coordinator. They've got to be the only team in the league without one.

Comment

But I saw that AR said that his biggest concern is the offensive turnovers. WTF?

Maybe this is typical AR subterfuge while he is holding secret meetings but from what I saw, only one of Vick's ints was a bad decision. The rest were tipped balls or hits as he threw the ball which just happen to be bad bounces. Good teams can overcome those things, right now once the other team gets the ball, the defense can't stop them worth shit.

The D is the issue ANDY, the fucking pathetic, swiss cheese, overmatched, undercoached, soft, defense!

Comment

Werd.
                http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Home » BREAKING NEWS, Coaching Staff, Eagles, News » Report: Eagles Considering Hiring A Defensive Consultant

ESPN’s Chris Mortensen is reporting that Andy Reid and the Eagles are considering the possibility of hiring a defensive consultant during the bye week. This would be a person would come in and work side-by-side with Eagles defensive coordinator Juan Castillo to solve some of the defensive problems.

One of the names that has been floated out there is former head-hunting safety Chuck Cecil. Cecil would be a good fit in that job because he’s familiar with the “Wide Nine” defensive front. He worked under Jeff Fisher in Tennessee for the Titans, where he was the defensive coordinator.

He’s currently working for ESPN as a college football analyst and he hasn’t said publicly that he would or wouldn’t be interested in the job.

I think this is a good idea and should have been done at the beginning of the season, once the lockout starting eating up OTA’s and mini-camps. It was foolish for the Birds to put a rookie defensive coordinator in place after all the off season time was eaten up. Castillo didn’t have much time to work with his players and he didn’t have a great deal of time familiarize himself with his talent.

The Eagles signed numerous free agents then gave them to Castillo and expected him to make everything work despite this being his rookie season
                  "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

ummm... a little late at 1-5?

Although the sucker that I am, I think we might beat washington.

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
                      That's only partially true Ghost of Blitz Past. Castillo seems to have absolutely no answers to stopping the run. We had false hope in week one simply because Jackson got hurt -- otherwise we'd probably have the most running yards allowed in the league. Someone has to do something or this season is lost. Fixing the D is the single most important thing we can do right now. Fix that and the offense will find their mojo again and this team can start working towards a possible wild card. The only way that happens is if Juan is gone as DC. He's taken the "Dream Team" and turned it into a nightmare.
                      But you can't fix the D unless you get rid of the wide 9. Getting rid of Castillo takes care of the rookie mistakes but teams are still going to gash the Eagles bad in the running game.

IMO they should show both Castillo and Washburn the door.
                      FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

I want them to keep Washburn but 86 the wide 9.
                        Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                        Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
                          I want them to keep Washburn but 86 the wide 9.
                          You know what I just learned? That the Lions also run the wide-9. The difference is that they have the players to do it better, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by ThoughtProcess View Post
                            You know what I just learned? That the Lions also run the wide-9. The difference is that they have the players to do it better, I guess.
                            When you have Suh and that other animal at DT you can run any friekin defense that you can think of.
                            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
                            X