• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dallas POS reinstated

Sources: Aldon Smith reinstated by NFL
    May
    5/20/2020 3:39:10 PM
    |More
    Dallas Cowboys defensive end Aldon Smith has been granted conditional reinstatement by the NFL from an indefinite suspension for violation of the league's personal conduct and substance abuse policies, sources told Todd Archer of ESPN Dallas on Wednesday.

The move will allow Smith to take part in meetings with Cowboys coaches and teammates in the virtual offseason program beginning Tuesday. Smith, who has been living and working out in Dallas for the past month, met with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell via a virtual call last Thursday.

Smith, 30, has not played in an NFL game since he was suspended as a member of the Raiders in 2015 because of legal and substance abuse issues. Now that he has been reinstated, he will receive $90,000 from the Cowboys as part of the one-year deal he signed in April that could be worth up to $4 million.

Don't forget to follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/theredzoneorg

Like us on Facebook at http://facebook.com/Theredzone.org
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

It will be interesting to see how much he has lost between being 30 not having played for five years and not having camp and a shortened preseason to get ready. I predict a lot of frustration leading to either an injury or another suspension that will cut his season short.
    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

I can't imagine him being very effective and he'll soak up $4million of the dirtbags salary cap.

Comment

Randy Gregory is also trying to come back this season. With the possible reduced restrictions on pot, I can see him coming back. That would be a huge boost for Dallas as the dude can play when he is on the field.

Plus, the Cowboys seem to be the media darlings this year again. Every time I get on CNN there are 3 to 4 articles about the scumbags.

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
          Randy Gregory is also trying to come back this season. With the possible reduced restrictions on pot, I can see him coming back. That would be a huge boost for Dallas as the dude can play when he is on the field.

Plus, the Cowboys seem to be the media darlings this year again. Every time I get on CNN there are 3 to 4 articles about the scumbags.
          He's a friekin monster.
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
          X