Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Netflix

Has anybody watched wild wild country?

I watched it this week in my hotel room .... Man that is some crazy stuff and I do not remember that happening? It’s about a cult in Oregon in the late 70s and early 80s that ends up getting in all sorts of trouble with the FBI in the local government and the leader ends up going back to India and several of the higher ups end up going to jail.

Also right now I’m watching a docuseries called Flint town you should watch it.

I’m ready for summer.
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

I saw the Wild Wild Country trailer. Looked good, I’m gonna give it a try.

Comment

I just watched season 1 of Santa Clarita Diet. It is the Walking Dead, comedy version. Always liked Drew Barrymore.
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
        I just watched season 1 of Santa Clarita Diet. It is the Walking Dead, comedy version. Always liked Drew Barrymore.
        I’ve never been a drew Barrymore fan.

Lots of good stuff on Netflix. I don’t even have cable. I love Black Mirror.

Just watched all 11 seasons of cheers in the past 6 months. Great stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
          I’ve never been a drew Barrymore fan.

Lots of good stuff on Netflix. I don’t even have cable. I love Black Mirror.

Just watched all 11 seasons of cheers in the past 6 months. Great stuff.
          We watched all seasons of Cheers and Frazier. I worked nights for years and watched little if any TV. We had DirectTV as cable doesn’t extend to our part of the world. Then we decided to go with Firesticks, Netflix, Prime, Sling and an antenna. Cut our TV entertainment bill from $114 a month to $35. Best of all we don’t miss Direct even a little.

Comment

Ross that is what I am trying to do but I have almost zero idea of Sling, Firesticks, Hulu, etc. I have Direct and am really tired of paying 130 for basic TV--no pay channels. I really need to work on that over the next few months.
            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

Wish I could give it up, but I need Comcast Philly. Can't give it up. I would have missed some awesome SB coverage if I didn't have it. I have some awesome stuff on DVD now and am grateful for it.
              We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                Ross that is what I am trying to do but I have almost zero idea of Sling, Firesticks, Hulu, etc. I have Direct and am really tired of paying 130 for basic TV--no pay channels. I really need to work on that over the next few months.
                I'm the same way ND. I do have a suggestion for you though that will probably help. Go to youtube and type in slingbox, firestick or one of the others and it will give you a bunch of videos on it . YOu can ask youtube just about anything and it will have a video on it. Seriously it will show you how to open a bag of potato chips if you need help!
                "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

It’s really pretty simple. Plug in the device and follow the steps. I’m sure some of these boxes are easier/better than a FireStick. Anyway, to give you an idea. You plug it in. Set it to operate on say HDMI2. It will come up with different available apps. Pick which ones you’d like to install. Say you pick Netflix and Sling. You will establish an account with each service. It will then be available on your TV. It is all billed thru Amazon if you use a FireStick. You don’t need a Smart TV. We don’t have any of those. We also have CenturyLink internet which is not the fastest. You can watch different programs on Netflix on different TVs at the same time. Sling, only one TV allowed connected at a time. If you start it up on a second TV, the signal will disappear on the set originally tuned in. We pay $55 a month for Internet, $13 for Netflix, and $22 for Sling. Really, it’s not difficult. I figured it out on my own and I’m not tech savvy.

Comment

Heyyyyyyy, are you sayin I'm too dumb to open a bag of chips? Cause if you are I now might know where my wife heard that
                    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                    Hope is not a strategy
                    RIP

Comment

Heyyyyyyy, are you sayin I'm too dumb to open a bag of chips? Cause if you are I now might know where my wife heard that
                      Then she probably learned on youtube. Ask her how to use it!
                      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I have NETFLIX for free. My kids came over and punched in their code when we were babysitting so my grandson could watch Curious George

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                          I'm the same way ND. I do have a suggestion for you though that will probably help. Go to youtube and type in slingbox, firestick or one of the others and it will give you a bunch of videos on it . YOu can ask youtube just about anything and it will have a video on it. Seriously it will show you how to open a bag of potato chips if you need help!
                          If you are a bit of a perv, you can even find videos of girls in bikinis doing household chores. So I am told.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                            If you are a bit of a perv, you can even find videos of girls in bikinis doing household chores. So I am told.

Comment

I got sling- it’s a la Carter so you can pick what stations you want. Right now I pay $10 for ESPN two movie channels and tbs and tnt

Comment

Working...
                              X