No announcement yet.

I need some new music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's hard to fuck with Mezzanine. Do you like Tricky, Leif? Maxinquaye was a great album. Martina's solo album also blew it up.
    I have never done steroids. Period. Well, not today, anyway.

Comment

Massive Attack rules...
      Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

I loved the first three Tricky albums (Maxinquaye, Pre-Millenial Tension, and Angels w/ Dirty Faces) as well as the one he put out as Nearly God around the same time.

When Blowback or whatever it was came out, I was so horrified by it I quit him cold turkey and have heard nothing in the reviews of efforts since then that would make me think he's regained his form. Does anyone like his post-Angels stuff and would care to defend it?

I have enjoyed the more recent Massive Attack stuff, though I still think the earlier ones were the best.

Comment

Vulnerable was a good album, although he really worked better with Martina Topley-Bird on Maxinquaye. He kind of went back to that same formula, and the results weren't half bad. Love Cats, What is Wrong and Search, Search Survive were good examples of this. Juxtapose also had it's moments(Contradictive, For Real), but Maxinquaye was just so good all the way through, he hasn't been able to make a complete album that can stand up to it. You need to pick and choose tracks from his later albums.

As for Massive Attack, Blue Lines, Protection and Mezzanine are just classics. As for their newer stuff, I love the remix of Butterfly Caught on the Chillout 04 album. If you haven't heard it, you gotta get it. The whole album is worthwhile, but that track just shines.

BTW, Martina's solo album, Anything is worth a listen. She teams up with Tricky again on Ragga, which is the second track on the album. She also makes an appearance on Demon Days in All Alone. I think she was a huge part of Maxinquaye's success. Her lyrics on Ponderosa are just killer.
          I have never done steroids. Period. Well, not today, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by trufresh17
            It's hard to fuck with Mezzanine. Do you like Tricky, Leif? Maxinquaye was a great album. Martina's solo album also blew it up.
            I pretty much like all their stuff.
            Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Working...
            X