Good news for a change! BGN Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good news for a change! BGN Report

Eagles’ Tim Jernigan set to return after fear his career might be over - NBCSP

Tim Jernigan feared his career was over. The Eagles’ defensive tackle, who will make his season debut Sunday, suffered a herniated disc that needed surgery in April. While Jernigan wouldn’t say how he suffered the injury because of “safety reasons,” it seems pretty clear it was serious. “S—, I’m blessed to play football again,” Jernigan said Friday. “One day, when this thing is over with or I’m wrapping it up, I’ll get more in detail with everything. But I’m lucky to play football again.” For months, the Jernigan situation has been shrouded in mystery and all of it isn’t gone yet. We still don’t know how he suffered the injury and we don’t exactly know how things transpired before he agreed to a significantly restructured contract after the surgery. What we do know is that the 26-year-old is going to play football Sunday after a lengthy rehabilitation process that prevented him from lifting weights for six months. That’s enough to make him smile.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

That's great news. Good for him. I hope he makes a full recovery. But, it's the Eagles, so there's this:

The Eagles are going to be shorthanded in the secondary on Sunday. Cornerbacks Sidney Jones (hamstring), Avonte Maddox (knee, ankle) and Jalen Mills (foot) have all been ruled out and CB Rasul Douglas (knee,ankle) is questionable after missing practice all week. RB Darren Sproles (hamstring) and LB Jordan Hicks (calf) have also been ruled out.

Comment

Hey, I did say "for a change" EB. Let's take a pool to see who we lose today.

Comment

Be curious if we ever hear the deal. Was he doing something which was forbidden in his contract so he took the reduction? What are the 'safety reasons'--- something that could get injured again if another player hits him a certain way so they don't want to say what it is?
        Anyway, just raises some questions in my mind. Probably won't ever know
        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
          Be curious if we ever hear the deal. Was he doing something which was forbidden in his contract so he took the reduction? What are the 'safety reasons'--- something that could get injured again if another player hits him a certain way so they don't want to say what it is?
          Anyway, just raises some questions in my mind. Probably won't ever know
          Good point about the contract ND. I think that you're onto something there. I thought that he was very timid in the first half. He seemed to play better in the second so that's a good sign. I wonder what he's going to feel like going forward?

Comment

Working...
          X