observations Eagles - Dallas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• observations Eagles - Dallas

Well its been a shitty last 5 months for me, Folks around me passing away, work not going well but my only saving grace is sports. Losing the way we lost today between the poor play, poor play calling, etc. it just adds to it.

1. Wentz terrible game for 3 quarters, looked great in the 4th. Interesting that Eskin reported that Wentz went to Doug a the begining of the 4th quarter and said let me call the plays. He did and look what happened. Let me say this, that is a damning thing for both Doug and Groh.

2. Speaking of Doug and Groh I think they need to hire a new offensive coordinator and Doug should give up the play calling. Too much talent on this offense to be playing like this.

3. The officiating in this game cost us the game. Sorry but its true. How they screwed up the first play of the game is unbelievable. Then to continue throughout the game head scratching call after head scratching call some on Dallas most on the Eagles. The damage is done I have had it with the officiating in this game. Its not that they were for Dallas, its they are just incompetent. Lurie should be hot about this, he is just as respected as Jones in this league and he should be chirping and chirping hard about his team being jobbed like there were today. Pay the fine who cares show us Fans you are with us and care.

4. Goedert had a great game, should have had two touchdowns and went over 100 yards. Helleva run on that TD that was a TD. Oh and if somebody says to you well we still scored on that drive, yes we did but it took another 3 minutes. We could have got the ball back before the game ended.

5. Schwartz did what he could in this game but the fact that he can't develop 2nd and 3rd round picks like Douglas, Jones etc. is a huge factor in why he should be gone after this year.

6. Once again another game another bunch of injures, Clement, Sweat, Suemolo, Jones (yet again), every week it seems like we are losing 3 to 4 guys. Never seen this much of a problem.

7. Dallas has a good defense but their offense blows, they will win the division but lose in the first round of the playoffs. As Buddy you to say I would rather be lucky that good. Well Dallas has a bunch of luck right now

8. Its clear we need a running back. Adams, Clement both should be here next year but they need a bell cow. It helps the offense more than we think. Amazing after the first drive Adams couldn't do anything.

9. Interesting that they went away from Ertz and more to Goedert in the 4th quarter, those who say Wentz is concentrating on Ertz may be wrong as he was calling the plays in the 4th quarter (as least Eskin said), and he was spreading the ball around.

10. Cox, Bennett, Bradham and Rasul Douglas all had very good games on defense but yet we gave up just short of 600 yards to that offense. Incredible. It really does say that Schwartz has to go.

Overall a disappointing year. We need to get to the offseason, reset some coaching, bring in some different talent that fits more what we do (and on defense I am not sure what that is).
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

just one for me:

1.NO CLEAR RECOVERY! its starts and ends there!

Comment

If it takes Wentz to call the plays then so be it. But that should send Groh out of town. The officiating was putrid. So how does Dallas play Thanksgiving, stay home and play another Thursday, and then get 10 days of rest, stay home, and get a team coming off a Monday night game? Has any team in the history of the league ever had such a favorable schedule?

Comment

Interesting that Ray Didinger just said we allowed the most yards we ever allowed against Dallas in this game. Bad corners or not the soft coverage was here before those corners got hurt and continued on. Bend an Break just doesn't work..
        Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I watched most of the 1st half at home before we left for dinner and then saw much of the second half in the Ultra swanky place I took my wife for our 51st.

First half...both sides of the ball for us ate shit. Had it not been for Prescott being the luke warm turd that he is, the Birds would have been down 23-zip at the half. The play calling and Wentz' continued inaccuracy were the big problems on O. I'm not sure who is calling plays, but Groh should be gone the minute the last game is over and Doug needs to be bitch slapped early and often.

I caught parts of the 2nd half at "99". Wentz looked better but the Defense continued to suck ass.

Two crap calls in particular stood out in the game... the fumbled KO and the phantom offensive PI on Geodert. Both were mind numbingly bad calls. Someone should be flogged publicly for that shit. Thank God the overrated POS that plays LT for Dallas got called 184 times for "Holding".

Dallas was going to win the East whether we beat them tonight or not. Fuck em. The win caused Jerry's shriveled up 1" cock to move slightly and he took that as a sign that Princeton Red, 'The Mutant Clapping Puppet', should now get a 3 yea extension instead of being shit canned as Stephen is urging. The Dallas D is good but Cheer Leader Zak is the dictionary definition of "sucking ass". You can look it up.

Please God...let this season end before every one is on IR.

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
            just one for me:

1.NO CLEAR RECOVERY! its starts and ends there!
            Today pretty much summed up my career as an Eagles fan:

Crippled team plays its ass off.
            Officials screw the hell out of them.
            Despite this they play their hearts out only to lose on an incredibly bad break.
            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

If we had done ANYTHING offensively in the first 3 quarters, we win that game
              We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                Despite this they play their hearts out only to lose on an incredibly bad break.

We were on the road for the overtime. What was the bad break?

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                  If we had done ANYTHING offensively in the first 3 quarters, we win that game
                  Our offensive line got their asses kicked up until then. We were just getting overrun. Then all of a sudden they played great.

Comment

lucky for me my 5 grandkids were running around the house. Didn't have to pay attention to the BS
                    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
                      We were on the road for the overtime. What was the bad break?
                      ??? Are you goofing around or do you want me to answer? I don't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                        ??? Are you goofing around or do you want me to answer? I don't get it.

I wasn't goofing when I asked?. I didn't see the end of the game...we had left the restaurant and were on the road.

After I asked the question of you I read about the deflection off Douglass. The shit this season doesn't end does it?

Comment

Most has been said but leaving Bausby by himself with Amari Cooper is terrible. I understand they are NFL players and I understand you trust your players. But leaving Bausby alone on Amari Cooper is terrible.
                          Wentz has talent. There is no question. But something isn't there. Maybe he is trying to carry the O. Maybe he is pressing. Maybe the ring on his finger is throwing off his balance j/k. It still flashes at times but something just isn't there that was there previously.
                          With all said the birds would have the win if Elliot hits the extra point. Ugly or not they would be in the winners circle tonight.
                          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                          Hope is not a strategy
                          RIP

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
                            I wasn't goofing when I asked?. I didn't see the end of the game...we had left the restaurant and were on the road.

After I asked the question of you I read about the deflection off Douglass. The shit this season doesn't end does it?
                            I don't know how the hell we did it last year tino. Thank the Lord that we got to see one because the Philly Curse seems to be descending on us once again.

Comment

I wonder if Wentz slightly injured his knee again. I watched him a bit yesterday and he seemed to be throwing off a stiff front leg or off his back foot. Anyone who has ever thrown any type of ball knows you alter your motion it effects the flight of the ball. That is why I believe he is so inconsistent .

Comment

Working...
                              X