Talented or Not Talented

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talented or Not Talented

Did Joe Douglas leave this team flush with talent and the staff is blowing it OR was Joe Douglas' talent evaluation not all it was cracked up to be? Just looking for a feeling of the opinions out there.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

It's so hard to say when half of the team is injured. All 11 guys have to work together out there and I'm not sure how you even practice and put in a decent game plan with all of the guys missing and changes that have to be made during the game.

Doug must look at his play sheet and wonder what he can run with the guys he has out there. That third and 2 play was an example of a play that just can't be run with the guys that were out there. That's were Groh or Stoutland or somebody has to be in his ear.
    Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

I am not judging this team until they can get even somewhat healthy.

5 weeks ago our defense looked abysmal due to all the injuries. Guys got healthy and now the D is playing pretty darn well.

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post

5 weeks ago our defense looked abysmal due to all the injuries. Guys got healthy and now the D is playing pretty darn well.
        That's the way I see it too Pliny.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Yeah, I agree with the sentiment that you really can't judge when you are only playing with like half a roster. One thing is soooooooooo clear to me is that this O-Line(and depth, which I have harped on for 2 years now) is overrated and they need to get more big speed at WR. Most D's can and do) just put 8 or 9 guys in the box against us. Cause Wentz isn't getting time and we have no speed at WR.

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post

I understand your sentiment but this is where depth and the talent question comes in. Jackson has been out since week 1. Has JJAW stepped up? Hollins? Greg Ward sat on the PS until this week? Is that a talent issue or a coaching issue? That is what frustrates me. I don't know if JJAW can play. Because he didn't play enough. Yea he dropped a big one in the Detroit game. So get him back on the field and give him another chance. Nope rot on the bench while Hollins eats up space as a starter? They went grabbed Matthews off the street before promoting Ward? Is that a talent issue or coaching issue?

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
              I understand your sentiment but this is where depth and the talent question comes in. Jackson has been out since week 1. Has JJAW stepped up? Hollins? Greg Ward sat on the PS until this week? Is that a talent issue or a coaching issue? That is what frustrates me. I don't know if JJAW can play. Because he didn't play enough. Yea he dropped a big one in the Detroit game. So get him back on the field and give him another chance. Nope rot on the bench while Hollins eats up space as a starter? They went grabbed Matthews off the street before promoting Ward? Is that a talent issue or coaching issue?

Pretty stupid if you ask me. Doug hates to use young players and always brings vets in off the street to fill spots instead of using his kids. This week he finally brought up Ward and made him the main target and he responded for the most part. Imagine that.

Comment

There is a talent problem on this team no doubt, however I think we have more of a coaching problem. We have selected some really talented college players over the past few years and none of them are progressing Same with some of the free agents we brought in.
                Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Well I don't think Joe Douglas was all he is made out to be but I have said for years that coaches aren't developing guys they way they should. Everything seems to be plug and play that who is there doesn't matter. Sproles should not have been on the roster. Peters has played pretty well but he shouldn't have been on the roster. Dillard is going to be a hell of a tackle--putting him on the right was the coaches mistake. JJAW was drafted high but is the same player as (Jeffey) the player they signed to a deal. Far too many coaching issues.
                  Wentz has talent, Dillard has talent, Barnett has talent, etc, etc. I agree they need more talent but they have talent. What they lack is down to earth leadership and coaching.
                  Hope is not a strategy
                  RIP

Comment

Watching this Ravens game and seeing how Harbaugh is maximizing Lamar Jackson's talent just makes me more upset with Doug Howie and especially MGroh!

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
                      Watching this Ravens game and seeing how Harbaugh is maximizing Lamar Jackson's talent just makes me more upset with Doug Howie and especially MGroh!
                      He looks a lot like RGIII did his rookie year. I don't think that his game can last that long in the NFL.

Comment

I will revive this and ask again.....are they talented or not talented. Wherein does the problem lie. They are not replacing the whole coaching staff. Probably aren't replacing all the strength, conditioning, and medical staff. Probably not all the receivers although I will cheer if they do. But for me......
                        Personally, Doug needs to be put on notice. This same result next year isn't acceptable. You have to fix it or be done. And then a trickle down whether it be OC, DC, etc. There has to be some coaching changes and some people with veteran coaching experience brought in.
                        Second IMO is the receiving corps. I believe their failure to produce has trickled down and impacted the entire offense.
                        Do they need another OL--sure. Another DE-- sure. But, if I am Lurie I am telling Doug about those two areas.
                        Then I am telling Howie two things. First that someone, don't know who but someone, better fix our medical issues. Second I am telling Howie I want some talent next year. If that means trading a 2021 pick to get talent in 2020 do it. Don't give up all the future but we need talent next year. Wentz only has so many years in him. I don't want to see those years wasted.
                        Hope is not a strategy
                        RIP

Comment

they need another play maker on both side of the ball. but they are talented up front on both sides. they need speed on offense. and they need a play maker at LB or safety on the defense cause malcolm jenkins aint that dude anymore
                          You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Not sure if that guy Fuller from Ohio State is possible but he is a playmaker at Safety.
                            Hope is not a strategy
                            RIP

Comment

Not talented enough

Put all our offensive speed in an old retread in DJax

Drafted a lesser Alshon replacement.

Too much turnover at HB in one year

Chris Long was a HUGE loss.

With a healthy DJax this is probably a 10-11 win team. Without him we are dink and dunk and no big plays

Our corners have to be the most inconsistent in the NFL

Look at the teams winning. Speed everywhere.

It has to be fixed this off season. I’m still a huge Wentz fan. This O has players, but no great playmakers. The rook is prob the best we have

I will say winning the SB was worth it, but set us up for this. Second guessing our QB. Our head coach because we lost Reich.

If I am answering the question right. My answer is we aren’t winning because we don’t have enough talent this year. I’ll say the same about last year. You have to draft better depth. We gave up picks to cash in. I loved it. But now we are paying.

Comment

Working...
                              X