The knives are coming out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The knives are coming out

Rightfully so considering the product that is being put on the field. The team is in a tailspin that will be quite difficult to come out of. This thread is kind of a takeoff off things I have been reading not on Philly radio since I have no use to listen to much of that dribble.
    I hit on Wentz a few weeks back and am one of the first to do so. However, I will continue to say while he is not playing up to par he not being put in a position to win. You must remember that phrase from Andy. The play calls are not playing to the strengths of the team. The receivers both lack talent and, as it has been shown on tape, not where they should be when they should be. It is Thrash and Pinkston all over again. The OL isn't giving him time and the coaches have beaten him silly about not being a running QB. There is a fine line with that running QB thing and moving (not running) is a part of Wentz' game that I don't think you can take away.
    From that I will say one break down exacerbates others. The receivers not making plays impacts the OL play in trying to contain the rush. It leads teams to blow up the box to hinder the run game although I will submit Sanders has had some good runs and Doug abandons it. The failure of receivers to make plays causes others to try to hard which causes them to fail, ie Ertz is dropping balls that he would normally catch. IMM he and Goedert are thinking too much or trying too hard. The lack of quality receiving talent is the driving factor in the offense not performing and causing players to think too much.
    Defense is another story that I will leave for others however, I will say I just don't think Darby and Mills are that good. They make plays here and there but they let just as many, if not more, plays get away from them.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Re: the cascading effects of offensive breakdowns. I agree. And I agree that players are pressing to make up for the play of the WRs. So, with that in mind, they should run the ball more. But they went away from it.

IMO Darby is a decent complementary CB but not a #1. Mills' size is appealing (I guess) to the team but he's not a speedy guy as far as NFL CBs go. He'd probably be good in a Tampa cover-2 scheme or some other type of shell coverage. He might have the size for safety as does Douglas, but I don't know if he could be trusted there.

Comment

For maybe the first time in my life, I don't know what to say about this team.

It looked like the defense was finally coming around, then it gets shredded by Fitz (again) throwing to Parker (his only real weapon).

I just want this season to be over. To make matters worse, we have/had a huge opportunity to take the division from the Cowboys.

I have no confidence in this team. Waiting the the players to start turning on each other.

Comment

Working...
      X