No announcement yet.

Bad Bad Philly fans..............(Long)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Bad Philly fans..............(Long)

Is this the same story they post every year or do they come up with new ones?????
    //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

They’d Rather Not Be in Philadelphia

By VINCENT M. MALLOZZI
    Published: October 1, 2006

The Giants ventured into hostile territory in Philadelphia two weeks ago, and so did their fans.

Lou Scalise Jr., wearing a Jeremy Shockey jersey, and his father, in a Tiki Barber jersey, were among the Giant faithful at Lincoln Financial Field on Sept. 17. Lou Jr. said they were “taunted, cursed and even spit at during the game by Eagles fans.”

Michael Martocci, the vice president of Big Blue Travel in Manhattan, which arranged a bus trip for 72 Giants fans, including the Scalises, said: “Every year, the abuse we take from those animals in Philadelphia gets worse and worse. I’m seriously considering having two armed guards sit with us next year.”

The abuse only escalated as the group filed out after the Giants rallied for an overtime victory against the Eagles, the Giants fans said. Scalise, 21, of Copiague, N.Y., said he was pushed from behind several times on a stadium ramp. When Scalise turned around, he said, a man about 6 feet tall and 230 pounds, wearing an Eagles T-shirt and cap, punched him in the nose.

“We were holding the guy and calling for security,” said Robert Anderson, a retired New York City police detective who was part of the group. “But other Eagles fan came down the ramp and started swinging at us. When we went to protect ourselves, the guy who threw the first punch got away.”

Although he did not see the first punch, Lou Scalise Sr. said he turned “to see my son’s face filled with blood.”

The younger Scalise, who is 5-9 and 175 pounds, said: “Those people in Philadelphia are the most classless fans in the world. They’re just a bunch of drunks looking for trouble. I’ll never go back there again.”

In a separate incident that day, according to The Daily News, David Lee and Christian Perez, a reporter and a cameraman for SNY, the Mets’ network, were cursed and had bagels thrown at them when they arrived at the stadium in a SNY truck. After the game, they returned to the parking lot to find part of the network’s logo scraped off the truck, a side mirror ripped off, the rear windshield wiper bent and a tire slashed. The vehicle reeked of beer and urine.

“The stuff that goes on in Philadelphia makes the Meadowlands look like ‘Romper Room,’ ” Lou Scalise Sr. said.

Bonnie Grant, the communications director for the Eagles, confirmed that the younger Scalise had filed a medical report, but said no security report was filed.

“There is no security report, so we have an absence of information to even verify what he is saying,” Grant said. “In addition, no one from that travel group has contacted us.”

Lou Scalise Sr. said that after he and his son completed the medical report, they were told by security officers that the team would contact them.

“We’re still waiting for that phone call,” he said.

Martocci recalled that Philadelphia once expedited disorderly conduct cases during football games at a makeshift municipal court in the basement of Veterans Stadium, which Lincoln Financial Field replaced.

“They needed that courtroom because they can’t manage or govern their own people,” Martocci said.

Michael Irvin, who won three Super Bowls with the Dallas Cowboys in the 1990’s, listed Philadelphia, Oakland and New Orleans as the rowdiest stadiums he ever played in.

“Philly was just a horrible place to play,” Irvin said. “They’re still cursing me out whenever they see me, and I retired more than six years ago.”

Irvin also said, “Raider fans like to paint their faces and pretend to be crazy; Eagles fans really are crazy.”

Martocci, who has accompanied fellow Giants fans around the country since 1990, said that no stadium came close to Philadelphia’s.

“It’s sad,” he said, “because it takes the whole enjoyment out of going to a game.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/01/sport ... cheer.html

"“It’s sad,” he said, “because it takes the whole enjoyment out of going to a game.”"

Ummmmm, then maybe stop going..... but no they go every year and every year they just complain.

Comment

Just like the giants fan that was dressed in his full regalia running up and down the stairs in my section waving a big blue giants towel and taunting the home teams fans?

Yes, this idiot almost had his arse handed to him. Fortunately, security was alerted to this schmuck and he settled down.

IF you are going to an opponents stadium, the very last thing you want to do is taunt them when your team makes a good play. Cheering your team on is one thing, taunting everyone around you is not going to be good.

It's unfortunate that this guy and his son didn't tell the entire truth about the incident. "pushing on the ramp"? C'mon, everyone gets jostled when there is nearly 70,000 people leaving at the same time. Perhaps, little janey vagiants fan jawed a little too much at the guy behind him.

Finally, I do NOT believe the report of the news van. Again, I ask... WHERE are the pictures or video of the van? A broken mirror, decal scraped off, piss all over it, bent back wiper? If these were newspeople, you would think they would actually document it.

Comment

The irony here is that I brought my brother-in-law along to the game. He actually commented that the entire crowd was not as rowdy as he thought it would be. (Except for some people being called "asshole" here and there)

In all honesty, there are more disturbances at a Phils-Mets game.

Comment

Here we go, they're warming up for next week.
          "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
          — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
          - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

I refuse to read any more of these bullshit stories. Every year some asshole Giants/Washington/Dallas fan gets beat up and every year the media paints the entire city of Philadelphia as a lawless, soul-less, classless town the likes of which hasn't been seen since since the days of Jesse James. Here's some advice for the "objective" NY press - having a few asshole fans get their asses kicked isn't news. Maybe focusing on the actual problems the team is having won't make the national press but it might just make you a better reporter. And for all the poor Giants fans who like to come down here for the away games, if you beat your chest in our our house expect us to beat your ass.
            Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
            Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

The answer is...

1) Dont go dressed in a Giants jersey
              2) Attend the game with a HOT female or a child of age 13 or younger

Comment

I wouldn't go with a hot female she'll get taken and raped by the rabid mob from the 700 level.
                Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg
                  I wouldn't go with a hot female she'll get taken and raped by the rabid mob from the 700 level.
                  While the 13 year old goes to get you another beer.
                  Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                  Hope is not a strategy
                  RIP

Comment

The stories are exaggerated. But, this is to our advantage.

Nothing like a hostile environment to add a little more home-field advantage. Let them talk......

Comment

Embrace these stories...it has come to the point where they are so outlandish that they are now comical. I don't even get offended. They are now a badge of honor.

I say this....

IF that is what the press wants...that is what they will get. Lets beat the shit out of some cheeseheads tonight.

Comment

If the reputation keeps other team's fans from coming here out of fear, then it might be worth it.
                        Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                        Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Working...
                        X