Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Random Thread (when you just don't feel like starting a thread)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FRESH View Post
    Come on down, boys! The only thing cold here is the beer!!!!
    My wife and daughter are heading your way in Dec. My daughter's Pop Warner cheer team advanced to nationals. They're going to Disney.

Comment

• You will be a hell of a lot warmer than I am but I'm afraid you will see some temp drops just like the rest of us
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

• Originally posted by musicman View Post
        you ol' softy, won't be long till we see Sweeney and cloud in your avatar Pic
        I am a terrible softy when it comes to all animals. People? Not nearly as much, except for children.

Comment

• Originally posted by FRESH View Post
          Gret to hear tino. Cloud has a blessed life ahead, I am sure.

I know my little Jax here in my avatar is blessed...and spoiled rotten. In my next life, I want to come back as a cat!
          Jax seems to have outgrown the kitten period split personality that Cloud displays, if he ever had a period of aggressive behavior. At times she'll lay back in the crook of my left arm, close her eyes and purr contentedly while I scratch her... but she can quickly transition into hunter-killer mode and attack my hand vigorously. She's getting better at responding to verbal redirection, which is good because as she grows bigger/stronger, he bites are beginning to hurt.

From what I read, orphaned kittens like Cloud often have more difficulty controlling their instinctual predatory impulses because mom wasn't there to teach limits.

How old was Jax when you got him and was he with his mom until at least 8 weeks?

Comment

• Originally posted by NoDakIggle` View Post
            You will be a hell of a lot warmer than I am but I'm afraid you will see some temp drops just like the rest of us
            You're right there!

We usually spend the Winter months on the central west coast of Florida and it's not unheard of to get January low temps in the 30's. Year round residents like Fresh and experienced snow birds like us know to have warm clothing on hand. I feel badly for the folks who come down for only a week or two in Jan and Feb, expecting Sunny and 70's, and leave all their warm clothing at home.

Comment

• Originally posted by NoDakIggle` View Post
              You will be a hell of a lot warmer than I am but I'm afraid you will see some temp drops just like the rest of us
              Yep. 81 and sunny today, but a high of only 73 tomorrow. Brrr.... LOL!

http://preview.weather.com/weather/5day/l/USFL0372:1:US
              http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

• Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
                Jax seems to have outgrown the kitten period split personality that Cloud displays, if he ever had a period of aggressive behavior. At times she'll lay back in the crook of my left arm, close her eyes and purr contentedly while I scratch her... but she can quickly transition into hunter-killer mode and attack my hand vigorously. She's getting better at responding to verbal redirection, which is good because as she grows bigger/stronger, he bites are beginning to hurt.

From what I read, orphaned kittens like Cloud often have more difficulty controlling their instinctual predatory impulses because mom wasn't there to teach limits.

How old was Jax when you got him and was he with his mom until at least 8 weeks?
                I wish that I could tell you. Jax was essentially grown when he showed up on our doorstep. We are guessing that he was 6-8 months old. We have no idea who his mamma was. But the little fella has just been a pleasure, and a blessing. He is a love bug and a half, and loves to be held and sit in my lap.

His BAD habits are two. First, he likes to knock things off the counters/tables. Apparently he is fascinated by gravity. And secondly, he likes to chew on plants and flowers, which peeves Susi. Sometimes he even chews on furniture, WOOD furniture. Strange, as this is usually a behavior that I have seen in dogs, not cats.
                Attached Files
                http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

• That is one great picture!

Looks like Jax believes he can sleep safely 'cause his Dad is there to protect him from any harm.

W

Comment

• Stupid names

Add a new one (for me at least) to the dumb ass names black mothers give their sons and daughters.

I'm watching the Ole Miss/Arkansas game and I hear a name that sounds SirDarius Bryant. I look it up and it's an Ole MIss OLBer actually named Sederius Bryant. But it's pretty obvious Mom was going for Sir Darius but was trying to be 'subtle'.

My question...WTF possesses these women that they come up with these F'ked up names other than maybe an IQ in the high 70's and a quart of Sneaky Peat wine.

Comment

• Tino, the worst name I've ever heard of came by way of the receptionist at my old office, Tara. She was working her way through nursing school at night by working in our office during the day. One day she came in and told me how she had been chewed out the night before by a woman on the phone. Tara was asked to call patients on the phone to confirm appointments with the Doctor. She called and asked to speak to someone whose name she couldn't quite pronounce. It was written as La-A and Tara Asked for La-Ah. The woman on the other end became furious and explained that it was pronounced exactly as it was written, La-A as in: La-Dash-Ah.At that pont Tara told her to have the girl at the office at 2:00 and promptly hung up before she gave in to the laughing fit that followed.
                      Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                      Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

• Originally posted by Jukin View Post
                        The woman on the other end became furious and explained that it was pronounced exactly as it was written, La-A as in: La-Dash-Ah.At that pont Tara told her to have the girl at the office at 2:00 and promptly hung up before she gave in to the laughing fit that followed.

Aren't morons fun to have around!
                        I would have bet she would have given her daughter the much more exotic name 'La Hyphen Dah'.

Here's my All Time favorite but it's less classic dumb ass than it is 'In Your Face'.

The great thing was, Providence got to the Elite Eight in 1997 so God was on national TV repeatedly!

Comment

• La-A, will likley have a s on named Du-uh.

Comment

• hey now guys, this isn't a racial thing. Plenty of white people give their kids terrible names too.

everyone wants to be different and it just ends up all fucked up.

Comment

• Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                              hey now guys, this isn't a racial thing. Plenty of white people give their kids terrible names too. everyone wants to be different and it just ends up all fucked up.
                              Vin,

I hesitated to mention 'black moms' for the very reason you cite but real is real. Some black moms find Roman sounding names for their boys and South Sea sounding names for their girls 'simply irresistible'. That's fine until the black mom is also as dumb as a bag of rocks and then you get the really weird shit with the tortured spelling.

And I agree that white folks can be assholes when it comes to naming their kids as well. But the difference that I see is that many white moms are like sheep in naming there babies after the flavor of the moment B list celebrities. Thus we get millions of little white girls named Miley, Olivia and Khloe and millions of little white boys named Ashton, Liam and Ethan.

So, IMHO, dumb ass black women go for unique names and end up with dumb ass, embarrassingly misspelled one-of-a-kind names and dumb ass white women contribute to elementary school class rooms of 25 that have 8 Tiffany's and and 9 Noahs.

Fathers aren't free of responsibility for this crap but I think moms are usually the 'deciders' when it comes to selecting names.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Comment

• If the shoe fits.... wear it.

There is a reason most stereotypes become stereotypes.

Comment

Working...
                                X