Comey Gone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comey Gone!

You've got to admit, Trump isn't boring!
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
    You've got to admit, Trump isn't boring!
    Popper,

That's honestly your reaction? You find this entertaining?

Comment

Shoulda been gone as soon as he didn't throw her ass in jail.

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
        Popper,

That's honestly your reaction? You find this entertaining?
        Yes I do Dicky. We're just all pawns in the game. You and MD should know this better than I do. Thank goodness that you're here to talk about it.

Comment

The fact that the 'players' on both sides of the political isle have bitched about him is interesting. Does it show that Comey in fact pursued investigation without regard for the political parties (went where evidence took him) or does it show his incompetence (swayed by the calls from Wash power players)?
          Since we are privy to about .5% of the evidence and truth I can't say that I know for sure. My cursory view has been that he went with the evidence and didn't cowtow to the power players but I don't know.
          MD-- as for lock her up I have to say I believe they found nothing they could reasonable prosecute her on. The same way Trump didn't appoint a special prosecutor after he saw all the info even though he said he would appoint one. Not that she handled stuff well. Just that there wasn't anything criminal--just incompetent.
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

Disagree ND, She flat out broke the law, it's fact, and Comey played God an decided what her" intent "was. Anybody other than a Clinton would have at least warranted a grand jury or been arrested.

But the point is that wasn't his job, he was not a DOJ prosecutor, he was supposed to be in charge of the fact gathering, not judge and jury. The DOJ was to have looked at those facts and then decided the next step.

He should have been gone then, and if not then, on Trumps first day.

The bottom line is that he serves at the pleasure of the President, and the President was not pleased. And the reason for the timing is just another right wing smokescreen. The new boss, the 2nd at the DOJ, was his new boss and reviewed all of this and asked that he be fired, not Trump. And this guy has an unassailable background at the DOJ. And despite what the right wants you to think, this doesn't do anything to any investigations that are on going. Comey didn't investigate anything, he was a manager, same as the new guy will be.

Do I think it's a joke? No. Do I think it is somewhat entertaining? Yup, I sure do.

This is just another example of how almost anything that happens in DC, Is nothing more than more partisan politics. The Dems called for Comey's ouster a gazillion times, but now bitch cause they got what they say they wanted?

Only in Washington could this occur.

Comment

I agree with everything that you said there MD.

Clinton either just decided that she could do anything that she wanted to and used another server anyway (entitled would be a good word) or she is just plane stupid. I don't think she's stupid.

Just because Comey was fired doesn't mean the evidence for the investigation just disappears. I don't see what the big fuss is about to tell you the truth other than the director of the FBI getting fired is news I suppose. I never even heard of the guy before until the email scandal that he botched by being judge and jury.

Comment

We'll have to disagree. People break the law every single day and don't get prosecuted--for many, many different reasons. If any single one of Trump's people thought they could get a prosecution they would have. Trump himself said he would appoint a prosecutor to look into it and then didn't. There is NO WAY he didn't do it because he felt she suffered enough.
                As for Comey I agree; press conferences of what MIGHT be able to be prosecuted isn't his job. I also understand he -- along with everyone-- serves at the pleasure of the president. But his position is a term position not just a political appointment. That is a fine line and he has every right to fire him. Not disputing that. But I will never believe that Rosenstein shows up for work and spends a minute looking into Comey before writing to the pres about firing him. It is naïve to think this wasn't Trump--IMO.
                Hope is not a strategy
                RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                  We'll have to disagree. People break the law every single day and don't get prosecuted--for many, many different reasons. If any single one of Trump's people thought they could get a prosecution they would have. Trump himself said he would appoint a prosecutor to look into it and then didn't. There is NO WAY he didn't do it because he felt she suffered enough.
                  As for Comey I agree; press conferences of what MIGHT be able to be prosecuted isn't his job. I also understand he -- along with everyone-- serves at the pleasure of the president. But his position is a term position not just a political appointment. That is a fine line and he has every right to fire him. Not disputing that. But I will never believe that Rosenstein shows up for work and spends a minute looking into Comey before writing to the pres about firing him. It is naïve to think this wasn't Trump--IMO.
                  I've heard that Rosenstein thought that Comey should have been fired a long time ago (and is probably why Trump appointed him). I also think that Comey's time had come anyway. As for the timing there's never a good time. Plus the Dems wanted him a long time ago too. Here we go again with another political football.

And I totally agree that nothing happens without the President's say so ND!

As for Clinton not getting prosecuted ND that's the way the game is played in Washington! Nobody in the club ever gets prosecuted. If anyone thought that she ever would be is totally naïve.

Comment

Just to add....

Bill Clinton fired an FBI director, this is not new.

Trump could have fired him Inauguration Day.

Just as many Dems wanted him fired as Repubs.... And many Dems were calling for him to be fired yesterday, just before he was and now they bitch? Really!

Also, only people being naive, IMM, are those thinking that Clinton didn't break the law and didn't do a very serious thing. Also the same people that think that meeting on the Tarmac between Billy and the AG was strictly by chance and Hilary's plight wasn't being discussed.

She did break many laws and the new guy may just start another investigating into her guilty behavior.

Comment

Seeing as though everybody was convinced that we were going to war with Russia 3 weeks ago I don't get the so called Trump connection.

Comment

Of course he can do it and of course Clinton did it and of course he could have done it on inauguration day but he didn't. He was singing his praise as I recall.
                        Two things.... I'm not sure why anyone would be surprised the Dems wouldn't be outing Trump for firing him. If it were the other way the Repubs would be screaming. That is, unfortunately, the way it works in in the parties.
                        You keep saying she broke many laws but the fact is she hasn't been prosecuted for anything. Zip. Trump said he was going to appoint a prosecutor day one but he didn't. All I'll say is that there is a chasm of difference between committing a crime and being prosecuted for a crime. I've seen it time and again. You can know someone committed a crime but you can't prove it or prosecute it. I'm not sure anyone is saying she didn't do a serious thing or that she didn't commit a crime. People can piss and moan all they want but there has been investigation after investigation and nothing has come of it. Repubs say the dems have to let the election go but, as an outsider, I think the repubs have to get over Hillary just as much
                        Hope is not a strategy
                        RIP

Comment

What's it going to be like when these kids elect Justin Beiber 20 years from now?

Comment

Jesse Ventura has experience as a governor and is available I think
                            Hope is not a strategy
                            RIP

Comment

Lol

Comment

Working...
                              X