X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well, rock n roll is officially dead

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...sic_lavigne_dc

Avril Lavigne Scores First No. 1 Album
    Support Sportscolumn.com! Tell a friend!

*sigh* pop music is 95% crap
    Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

you're undercounting by 4.9%
      Support Sportscolumn.com! Tell a friend!

Comment

JUST SAY NO!

[/code]

Comment

I sit and quietly wait for the new Tool album...

If you like southern Rock, then you will like the Drive-By Truckers. They have two albums out, both are pretty damned good.

Clutch's new album, Blast Tyrant, is really good.

There is some good music out there, but you have to sift through ten pounds of shit to find a nugget.

Comment

I'm not saying all music out there sucks, but 95% of pop music sucks, there is some good music out there right now. G-Love is currently one of my favorite artists. Jack Johnson and Ben Harper are a couple of good ones as well. There is also a lot of good underground hip-hop (i.e. Blackalicous, The Roots, Jurassic 5, etc.).

Comment

The Roots are bad ass, but I find Blacklicious to be cheap knock-offs of a Tribe Called Quest and J5. I try to stay away from anything too mainstream...if it's on the radio, it not on my iPod. (There are exceptions, I do stick to some of the classics; The Doors, Van Morrison, Velvet Underground, etc).
              I have never done steroids. Period. Well, not today, anyway.

Comment

Hey what size iPod do you have? I got the 20gb. I got a lot of mainstream stuff on my iPod unfortunately, I have this thing that whenever I hear a catchy song and it get stuck in my head I have to download it and listen to it again to get it out of my head. But I end up keeping it to make my mp3 colletion look more impressive (8000+ songs) and also it's good to have some mainstream music for when girls come over and for other social events.

Comment

I have the 15GB, so I'm constantly moving things from my iPod to my hard drive and sometimes back again. There's a great program called iPod Rip that lets you download music from your iPod to your hard drive, it saves me a lot of time.

I do admit to having some standbys for such occasions(my lady is a Norah Jones fan), but my interests lie in the not so conventional.

You like trip-hop?

Comment

See, that's the problem with music, theres so much out there to check out, I haven't really delved to much into trip-hop yet, but I have a couple of Portishead songs that I like. Do you reccommend anything in particular?

Comment

Portishead is a good place to start. "Dummy" is one of my all-time favorite albums. Check out Thievery Corporation, the "Mirror Conspiracy". Also anything by Massive Attack("Mezzanine") or the Dining Rooms("Tre"). The "Verve/Remixed" albums are very nice on the ears, too.

These are all nice grooves with a mainly female lead vocal, except for the "Verve/Remixed" series.

Comment

Thanks for the tip, I go check em out when I get home.

Comment

Working...
                        X