Bonds: On Steroids currently, at one time, or not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonds: On Steroids currently, at one time, or not

Montgomery also gave secondhand testimony implicating Bonds, the San Francisco Giants slugger who has hit the third-most homers in baseball history. According to the Chronicle, prosecutor Jeff Nedrow asked Montgomery about Conte's dealings with Bonds.

"Did he say he gave any steroids, Winstrol or any of the other ones to Mr. Bonds?" Nedrow asked.

"Yes, he did," Montgomery replied.

"Did he say specifically which ones?"

"Winstrol," Montgomery said.

Winstrol is the same steroid Ben Johnson used before being disqualified in the 1988 Olympics. Montgomery testified that Conte told him Bonds switched to an undetectable steroid in 2003 when baseball introduced its drug policy.
    Yes
    0.00%
    No
    100.00%
    Support Sportscolumn.com! Tell a friend!

Just come clean!!

Steroid talks and testing was a huge topic early this season. Bonds has been being accused the longest but early on this year Sheffield was accused. Sheffield didnt want to hear it go any further and said he would voluntarily be tested to clear his name! That earned Sheffield much respect in my book and the talk stopped. Bonds needs to do the same...even though he never will because he's guilty!!!!!

Comment

80% proffessional atheletes use some sort of performance enhancement. I bet even Serena Williams is doping.
      Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

I agree. He's got to be. As much as I wish he wasn't, I just for some reason wouldn't believe if if he wasn't doping.

Comment

Read my above post.

Comment

What about it?

Comment

Just agreeing with you, I have it on pretty good authority that 80+% of proffesional atheletes are on some type of steroids, and I believe Bonds is one of them.

Comment

Yah, wow that's a surprising stat, but easily believable.

Comment

Yes Bonds may be guilty of doping. But even if he is, it can't take away from his accomplishments that he is doing this year. I think that steriods would only really effect home runs. I don't know how steriods would help anyone with their hand-eye coordination or where they know how to hit the ball. Bonds' numbers are insane, yes the HRs are part of those unbelievable numbers, but the othert stats are just as good or maybe even better than the HRs. His batting average and on-base-percentage are insanely high.
                  http://www.canuckheaven.com/upload/canttouch.jpg

Comment

I agree, Liam. If he is guilty of doping it's a shame, because his command at the plate is something that can't be taught, or enhanced by steroids. Take away about 75 (or more) of those bombs, drop his average accordingly, and you still have one of the best hitters of our generation.
                    I have never done steroids. Period. Well, not today, anyway.

Comment

Well, you also have to factor in how intimidating he is up there. If he wasn't gigantic and couldn't hit the ball out of the park every time he makes contact, then pitchers would be able to be a lot more aggressive. I do think he's doping, by the way, but doubt it will ever be proven now.

Comment

You don't get hands that quick through the use of steroids. He's a beast either way.

Note: I don't personally like the guy, or think he's clean, but I'm in awe of the way he can do what he wants with any pitch. Add to that his patience and pickiness...
                        I have never done steroids. Period. Well, not today, anyway.

Comment

Couldn't have said it any better Liam. He has a great gift for hitting, and no steroid can give that gift, at least such a powerful gift. He has a crazy OB% and a crazy BA. He's the man, and to me he's one reason to watch San Fran, even though I don't.

Comment

Working...
                          X