Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Negative National commentary on Eagles is getting comical

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2...-nationally-is

The attention and negative national commentary about the Eagles is getting to be comical

I have a little routine every morning these days. I get up at about 5am, feed my cat Butters, take my dog Charlie out for poops and peeps, feed Charlie, make my coffee, let Butters outside to have adventures, pop on NFL Network, and put together my little morning links thing on my new NFC East site (shameless plug). Normally, it's Jamie Dukes saying something stupid, or there's some kind of poll in which 40% of fans are saying that the Eagles are going to win 7 or fewer games on NFL Total Access, NFLN's version of SportsCenter, but lately, it's been refreshing to have preseason game re-runs in the early hours. I thought maybe I'd escape the talk about the Eagles' offseason moves. But nope. As the Chiefs-Buccaneers game played in the background (That's right - The Kansas City Chiefs and Tampa Bay Buccaneers, two teams that have almost nothing to do with the Eagles), the game crew couldn't resist but talk about Philly. And it's not like they just happened to "come up naturally" in conversation - They had a graphic ready and everything:

Listen to the commentary here by Thom Brennaman:
    "Vince Young threw out the 'Dream Team' line. We didn't make that up...those of us in the... you know... the 'media.' But we heard all of that before the Miami Heat started playing basketball last year and the last time I checked they were not crowned champions when all was said and done."
    Thom, just FYI, it pretty much was the "media" that blew up the "Dream Team" comment into something it really wasn't. Vince Young's full comment, not just the part taken out of context:
    "Dream Team. From Nnamdi to Cromartie, and from Jason [Babin] to myself, I know they're going to do some more things. It's beautiful to see where we're trying to go. I'm all for it. Whatever they ask me to do, to be scout team quarterback or quarterback learning, do whatever it is. I just want to be here to help and be a part of a team. I'm just happy to be a part of the Philadelphia Eagles."
    Thom, show me where the Eagles are conducting themselves with any sort of arrogance even remotely close to this, or this. It's a dumb comparison.

But it didn't end there. Brian Billick (Brennaman's color guy) went on to praise the season Michael Vick had, which Brennaman felt the need to piss all over:
    I've been a little surprised, Brian, I don't know about you. I think a lot of people forget, when you say the 'great year that Michael Vick had, obviously it was a great comeback year... Michael Vick had a great 8 weeks. He did not have a great final 8 weeks.
    This is actually a dumb argument I've been seeing a lot of lately. Just for fun, let's look at Michael Vick's "final 8 weeks."

>>CLICK ON THE LINK ABOVE TO SEE VICK'S LAST-8-GAMES STATS WHICH ARE ACTUALLY RATHER IMPRESSIVE<<

As an Eagles fan, where can I sign up for those numbers? Like it or not people, the Eagles destroyed this offseason and are freaking loaded. Maybe this is their year. Maybe it's not. I'm not so delusional as a fan that I don't recognize the odds are certainly against it. Some kind of blow-back is inevitable after all the praise the Eagles have received, and I can also understand that saying "The Eagles killed the offseason" has been done to death and is boring at this point, but just think for a second before you speak. That's all I ask.

To my knowledge, not one Eagle or Eagle rep, other than Vince 'Not too Bright' Young, has made any claim about the Birds being a "Dream Team". And even in Vince's case, it was the momentary gushing of words of a grateful guy relieved that some team still seemed to want him. Indeed, all those connected in any way with the Birds have tried to distance themselves from that image. Since Vince's foolish remark, it has been entirely a creation of the pathetically unimaginative and repetitive sports media regurgitating the SOS.

In the case of the intellectually underprivileged Thom Brennaman, any comments he makes about ANYTHING should be given equal weight with day old spit. It was this dim bulb who so inanely blurted out, "If you're fortunate to spend 5 or 20 minutes around Tim Tebow, you're life is better for it."

Quite literally, there aren't more than 4 or 5 sports journalists/commentators/experts worth listening to and/or reading. And many are so bad they should be flogged daily if not simply taken out back and shot.

Comment

Vince Young is a fucking idiot. I can't believe we have to listen to this shit now because he isn't smart enough to STFU.

Comment

It was an innocent joke by Young that the media ran with.

But this is what happens when you want players to open up. Be careful what you wish for because you just might get it.
        FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Not a fan of Young,no real secret there,but if he hadn't said it, the media would have come up with something. The Birds afterall not only outsigned the other teams in the NFL,but it can be argued that they outsigned the entire NFL. They made more noise in Free Agency than the rest of the league. The rest of this BS is just sour grapes from jealous people from organizations without the foresight to do what the Eagles have done .Right now we are the media darlings and I've already tired of hearing it and we haven't played a real down yet. It'll only get worse and heaven forbid this implodes on us and we don't do shit .As for the outsiders and their negativity.......Fuck them!!!!! just my 2 cents
          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Bring it!! If winning a championship also means sticking it up the ass of all these media morons, that makes it even better. We all know all that dream team shit doesn't mean anything on the field when the bullets start flying anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
              Bring it!! If winning a championship also means sticking it up the ass of all these media morons, that makes it even better. We all know all that dream team shit doesn't mean anything on the field when the bullets start flying anyways.
              There's really no way to win in the eyes of those outside of Philly. Even if the Eagles win the Superbowl this year, all the nay-sayers will just be saying, "Big deal...they hadn't won in 50 years, and the only way they could make it happen was to 'buy' a championship." Which isn't what they've done, but that will be what they say. Book it.

So it's probably best we ignore everyone else, and enjoy the company of your fellow Eagles fans.

Comment

Yeah because "buying" a championship has worked so well for the Redskins......
                Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
                  There's really no way to win in the eyes of those outside of Philly. Even if the Eagles win the Superbowl this year, all the nay-sayers will just be saying, "Big deal...they hadn't won in 50 years, and the only way they could make it happen was to 'buy' a championship." Which isn't what they've done, but that will be what they say. Book it.

So it's probably best we ignore everyone else, and enjoy the company of your fellow Eagles fans.
                  LOL, I can tell you that if the Eagles win a title, all the nay-sayers and hating rivals can stand up on a platform with a megaphone and scream whatever they want at the top of their lungs..
                  ...while looking at my naked ass as I'm mooning them.

Comment

Working...
                  X