X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jon Runyan compares Michele Bachmann to Terrell Owens

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl-wp6302

Jon Runyan compares Michele Bachmann to Terrell Owens

Jon Runyan(notes) has gone from being a left tackle for the Philadelphia Eagles to being a member of the U.S. House of Representatives. He's also finding out that, no matter your profession, you're going to have to deal with people who really, really love being in the spotlight.

With the Eagles, it was Terrell Owens(notes). In the political realm, it's Michele Bachmann, a candidate for the Republican nomination in the 2012 presidential election.

Tucked into the bottom of this L.A. Times article about Bachmann is Runyan's comparison of her and T.O.
    As a media figure, Bachmann has managed to make life difficult for her leadership.
    [...]
    At a private meeting of Republicans, New Jersey Rep. Jon Runyan, a former Philadelphia Eagles offensive tackle, issued a broad warning about how a showboat can divide a team — bringing up the notorious loudmouth wide receiver Terrell Owens.
    The only option for Runyan now is to get Hugh Douglas to fight Michele Bachmann.

Now, I don't know enough about Bachmann to speak on her similarities to Terrell Owens. I know of her reputation as being a little, um, off-the-beaten-path, but that's about as far as it goes. I'm trying to follow politics less, mainly because it seems like today's political commentary makes today's sports commentary seem calm, rational and nuanced by comparison.

I saw that too and chuckled....love Runyan and wish him well
    Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

I keep hearing that Bachmann's lack of a legislative record is a liability....to me, it is a plus. We want our representatives getting rid of rules and costly regulations, not adding more. I heard CNN say the same thing the other day about the Tea Party, no legislative accomplishments. We don't want more legislative accomplishments, because every single one seems to only add to debt and frustration. Bachmann is more consistent in her positions than a lot of politicians, I will give her that.

Comment

Oh man, that's hilarious.........
        "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
        — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
        - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

thin ice people

Comment

I'll tell you what Big John. I'd rather look and listen to her over you other blowholes!
            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

The only option for Runyan now is to get Hugh Douglas to fight Michele Bachmann.
              As she's getting out of the hot tub naked.

edit: of course there's this classic (Coach Reid! Coach Reid!):

http://www.bangcartoon.com/2005/childsplay.htm
              Last edited by eagle eye; 09-02-2011, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KevinKolb4SB View Post
                I keep hearing that Bachmann's lack of a legislative record is a liability....to me, it is a plus. We want our representatives getting rid of rules and costly regulations, not adding more. I heard CNN say the same thing the other day about the Tea Party, no legislative accomplishments. We don't want more legislative accomplishments, because every single one seems to only add to debt and frustration. Bachmann is more consistent in her positions than a lot of politicians, I will give her that.
                Whatever
                Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                  thin ice people
                  We need an emoticon for that....
                  Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Working...
                  X