Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Ruben Frank Article on Wentz

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelph...yths-dispelled

For all those "myths" about Wentz and Foles this year. The real reason this team was winning late in the year is the defense got better.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Great stuff, thanks for posting!
    "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
    — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
    - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

JIMHO, this is an oxymoron-----Good Reuben Frank anything!!!

Comment

To me there has never been any discussion about it and it's not even close. The defense got healthier and got better and Foles was a decent QB, end of story. It was a fluke that we made the playoffs this year anyway and I'm not sure that there will even be a market for Nick when he becomes available. At the same time if you ever put Carson on the trade market you would get at least 3 #1's for him. Nick played the game of his life to win the SB for us and I and every other Eagle fan will be eternally grateful for that and he is a living legend in my mind. Keep him and trade Wentz? RIDICULOUS!!!

I'm not sure how great the article is but I think that it is a must read for misguided people who can't tell their ass from their elbow and is a much better piece than these sports writing idiots usually put out.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

At least someone is pointing out fact (or what I assume to be fact since I didn't look them up) rather than just going by emotion. I have been in Nick's camp from day one but given health and a healthy team around him Carson Wentz can be among the best QBs in the league. But I readily admit no one can deny that Nick Foles can carry a team with the proper play calling and supporting cast
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

This article needs to be required reading for Eagles fans Wentz supporters as well as Folesians. It's amazing how perception can blur the actual statistical facts of a season.

Now get that man a running game.
            Last edited by WCPhan; 02-11-2019, 04:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X