I can see the tv ratings drop at least another 10%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can see the tv ratings drop at least another 10%

If you thought NFL referees were hated now, wait until these offenses start running plays to intentionally draw pass interference flags. - Jason C.

Chuck Cook-USA TODAY Sports

NFL teams reportedly working to weaponize pass interference

Originally posted on Larry Brown Sports | By Grey Papke | Last updated 7/27/19
    In the NFL, teams are always on the lookout for any competitive edge they can find. So it’s no surprise that they’re already looking to exploit the league’s new pass interference rules for all they’re worth.

With the NFL approving replay challenges of pass interference calls and no-calls, teams are reportedly seeking out techniques and plays expressly aimed at drawing flags, according to Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports.

Charles Robinson

@CharlesRobinson
    Enjoy #NFL’s pass interference challenge. I’ve already had some sources admit that:

1.) They’re going to explore techniques/plays aimed at drawing defensive pass interference.

2.) They assume every team will do the same.

NFL has totally weaponized pass interference. Just wait.

6:42 PM - Jul 26, 2019
    Twitter Ads info and privacy
    263 people are talking about this
    This was the fear that came with the new rule. With pass interference now potentially being looked at on video, offensive teams will feel it will be easier than ever to put defenders in a tough spot and potentially commit a foul that will be confirmed on video if it looks bad. It’s considerations such as this one that explains why the league is only trying this on a one-year trial basis for now.

It wouldn’t be an NFL season without a controversial rules tweak that threatens to significantly impact how the game is played. While this year’s could be about pass interference, it was a different rule that gave defenders fits in the early part of 2018.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"
Working...
X