X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shawn Barber to the Texans

I like Barber a lot, too bad he can't stay healthy:

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/homeN ... p?id=66316
    Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

That stinks, but it's not that big of a deal. I liked him too.
    www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

Damn. Does this open the door for Ike?
      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Kinda surprised on this one. I liked Barber for his limited role, be interesting to see what the Texans got him for and if the Eagles were even interested..... this is one guy who absolutely goes for the green. How many times has he been a FA?--- at least 4 that I can think of.

Does this clear the way for any "possible" trade we have heard about? Nah, my guess is that it probably has no bearing, just numbers as in $$$$$$.

Comment

I have to say, without yet seeing the money or years offered, that it seems like this guy might've been a good idea to keep. He played well when he played, I doubt he cost the Texans much, was there really no room for Barber in our LB corps?

Comment

Originally posted by IMK
            I have to say, without yet seeing the money or years offered, that it seems like this guy might've been a good idea to keep. He played well when he played, I doubt he cost the Texans much, was there really no room for Barber in our LB corps?

i wonder too. it never hurts to have a good cover LB for nickel packages.
            Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

I think it's just the matter of the Birds going with the youth movement at the LB position.....Gocong, Daniels, McCoy. Time to see what they got...and hopefully McCoy can keep that shoulder healthy. Throwin in Gaither and the vets Trotter and D. Jones....Even Roper (he still with us, right?)....LB seems pretty stacked, number wise anyway. Hopefully stacked talent wise if the kids can play.

I could be dead wrong, but I really think that's what they are doing, going with the kids.
              Theo

Bleedin Green in 117!!

Trey Wingo is still a geek!!

Comment

Originally posted by Theo
                I think it's just the matter of the Birds going with the youth movement at the LB position.....Gocong, Daniels, McCoy. Time to see what they got...and hopefully McCoy can keep that shoulder healthy. Throwin in Gaither and the vets Trotter and D. Jones....Even Roper (he still with us, right?)....LB seems pretty stacked, number wise anyway. Hopefully stacked talent wise if the kids can play.

I could be dead wrong, but I really think that's what they are doing, going with the kids.
                Richmond still in that mix?

Comment

Why is anyone still on the Ike bandwagon? He was a great emotional ST player and all, but he proved while here that he was not the answer at any of the three starting LB positions.

Comment

Ahhh but Arch, there's not 3 LBer positions, there are actually 4. In addition to the standard SAM, MIKE, and WILL, we also imploy a coverage backer in the nickle packages, which was what Ike and Barber both did, and pretty well I might add.

Comment

Or maybe we are trading for another LB and that LB can cover and be a 3 down LB.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN
                        Or maybe we are trading for another LB and that LB can cover and be a 3 down LB.
                        Well both Briggs and Vilma fit that description.

If we get either of these guy I might just explode with excitement.
                        Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Still to much to hope for, but that would be great to get either one, or someone of that ilk and go into the draft with veryfew spots of need to fill.

Comment

Update--FWIW------

Texans | Barber deal not complete
                            Mon, 19 Mar 2007 12:26:15 -0700

Updating previous reports, John Murphy, of Yahoo! Sports, reports the Houston Texans have not yet completed a deal with LB Shawn Barber (Eagles). The two sides are actively working on a deal, but nothing has been officially finalized.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Comment

Working...
                            X