X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Dominion LB Deron Mayo has worked out for Chargers, Eagles

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...rs-Eagles.html

LB Deron Mayo has worked out for Chargers, Eagles

Old Dominion linebacker Deron Mayo has worked out for the San Diego Chargers and the Philadelphia Eagles, according to a league source with knowledge of the situation.

The younger brother of New England Patriots All-Pro linebacker Jerod Mayo, Mayo is a 5-foot-11, 225-pounder with 4.37 speed who has registered a 38-inch vertical leap and bench pressed 225 pounds 28 times.
    Because of a childhood bout with asthma, Mayo played soccer and basketball growing up.

He's projected a late-round prospect or a priority free agent who seems to be a strong special-teams candidate.

Jerod Mayo has called his brother the best athlete in the family.

Mayo tranferred from Hofstra where he recorded 53 tackles, 11 1/2 for losses as a junior, to Old Dominion.

During his senior year, he finished with 70 tackles, 6 1/2 sacks and three forced fumbles.

Mayo has been getting valuable advice from his older brother.

"He's been more like my dad, telling me what not to do all the time,' Deron Mayo said in an interview with the Old Dominion website."He went to the Pro Bowl and the whole family goes, but he tells us, 'No, Deron is not going. He's staying back in training.' He's pushing for me just as hard and keeping me on the right path."
Working...
X