Eagles fire Chip Kelly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kyfred View Post
    Gotta say I'm surprised. I think this is due to several factors. Chip wanted his guys. None of the signings or recent picks are turning out. The team quit on him and he looks like a guy without a plan. Add the scapegoat comments that he isn't GM and he is gone. Not sure which way I'd like to see them go, but we will look a lot different next year. Welcome to the retool and rebuild. Let's pray it looks better than the sixers.
    Of all the things he has ever done that pissed me off the most!! What a fuckin gutless thing to say.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
      The only reason Bradford would stay was so he wouldn't have to learn a new offense so you can kiss him good by. Meet your 2016 Philadelphia Eagles, the leagues newest franchise team.
      Eagles can still franchise him. It's not necessarily just Bradford's choice. It will depend on the GM and coach as well though.

Comment

"And I hate the fact that I supported him!!! Idiot!"

Mike,,, can't nail them all, but some are just soooooo obvious, IMM, anyhow.

From that point on he seemed, to me, to be more concerned about "HIS" way than a winning football team! Then you add Maclin and Mathis............

Comment

Funny thing is they probably will have a chance in adding Mathis, DeSean Jackson and such back to the team in the offseason if they want.
          Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Two words gentlemen, Sean McDermott. Book it!!
            Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
            Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

The more I think about it Bradford may want to stay. His best friend on the team is DeMarco Murray and Murray is oneo the few who are happy about the move. If a new GM can build a new OL through free agency and the draft, and Murray basically had a red shirt year with the few carries he has had, he could come back and be the running back we hoped he would be. More than Mathews and Sprole, Murray needs an OL to open some holes for him to succeed. As well he needs a coach who calls runs between the tackles for him and not around the ends.

If we can get some value from him and it keeps Bradford in the fold (and I think based on his last 5 games he is worth keeping) then we have the base to build around. If we get a running game, perhaps Agholor can have the second year jump that most WR's have had in the past. Next year does not have to be the total rebuilding that was my kneejerk reaction

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                "And I hate the fact that I supported him!!! Idiot!"

Mike,,, can't nail them all, but some are just soooooo obvious, IMM, anyhow.

From that point on he seemed, to me, to be more concerned about "HIS" way than a winning football team! Then you add Maclin and Mathis............
                Thanks MD, but I'm a friekin idiot!!!

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                  Funny thing is they probably will have a chance in adding Mathis, DeSean Jackson and such back to the team in the offseason if they want.
                  As FAs...Now that would be most entertaining to see! The band's back together..., minus Kelly

Comment

I hated the guy initially and then he won me over a bit but glad he is gone. I think Chip playing the I'm not the GM card coupled with the stuff coming out of the locker room was the issue.

This team could get good fast though guys.

Let Howie fix the salary cap, let the NFL guys draft, we can be good again.
                    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

It appears that Lurie had a meeting with Chip today and told him he wanted to take his personnel role away. The meeting did not go well and then Chip was fired

From Jeff MClane of the Inquirer on Twitter

Hearing that Jeffrey Lurie had a meeting with Chip Kelly today that didn't go well. A decision was then made to fire him in the afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                        I hated the guy initially and then he won me over a bit but glad he is gone. I think Chip playing the I'm not the GM card coupled with the stuff coming out of the locker room was the issue.

This team could get good fast though guys.

Let Howie fix the salary cap, let the NFL guys draft, we can be good again.

He'll fix it alright. He wants the kind of control Chip had minus the coaching.

Comment

From Howard Eskin
                          also hearing Chip Kelly not happy about losing control of personel which hear part of conversation. Make no mistake Lurie made up his mind.

Another one

Per Sal Paolantonio Lurie wanted to strip Chip Kelly of personnel control. Chip balked. Lurie fired him.

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
                            Two words gentlemen, Sean McDermott. Book it!!
                            I still think Josh McDaniels, maybe Adam Gase or maybe a surprise like Sean Patyon.

Lurie seems to like offensive head coaches more than defensive (after the Ray Rhodes issues)
                            Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Lurie is typically slow to act. I'd have liked to see how this really transpired. Mc McDermott is intriguing, but I kinda think he is a product of the talent. We have two strong RBs to be a run first team. I'd like to hear Taz's thoughts on personnel now. His blog just blew up.

Comment

Lurie liked Sean and he is a part of the Eagle's family. Besides he did a great job with the Ravens and now the Panthers. Definitely a good idea to bring him in for a talk.
                                Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                                Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Working...
                                X