No announcement yet.

Eagles fire Chip Kelly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it was purely about the on-field results... I am with Dawk. We were a bad team this year, but there is some talent there, and with a few changes (and if Bradford keeps improving) we could have something. We need the offense to get back to where it was, with a similar defense, and we should have a good team. Something was wrong in the mix with the offense this year, and yes coaching definitely had something to do with it, but it might have something that Kelly could have learned from and improved with another year. Results-wise, he did deserve another year to see if he could right the ship -- one bad year should not have done it.

But... this must have been about more than that. If he had well and truly lost the locker room, that may have made it necessary. Marynowitz being fired too really casts another light on it -- he was not simply just firing Kelly. Maybe Marynowitz had really done something to poison his relationship with Lurie, and Kelly wasn't going to stand for losing his main personnel guy two years in a row. I'm sure there will be lots of conspiracy theorists on a Roseman vs Marynowitz battle. *Something* was still bad at the front office level; I just hope Lurie fired the right side of it.

Comment

Now Chip would be good with just being coach. BULLSHI*. Andy said the same thing when he left. These guys bring it on themselves. Coaches coach and GMs GM. I hope the hell Lurie has learned that lesson
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

Kelly's problem isn't his O it is his ability to relate with players at the NFL level. Will he learn from this? Maybe but that will take a look at your faults and I'm not sur ehe has that
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle` View Post
          Kelly's problem isn't his O it is his ability to relate with players at the NFL level. Will he learn from this? Maybe but that will take a look at your faults and I'm not sur ehe has that
          Maybe. Clearly he rubbed some players the wrong way. Some are defending him. If he got results, none of that would matter. I still think the cause of firing is deeper than the players -- no need to ditch Marynowitz if it was just that.

It's also odd for Lurie to fire a coach in-season.

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle` View Post
            I 100% agree. This is that culture thing, he could threaten college kids, they would buy into it and be scared not to.

But these are multi-millionaires who can't be threatened and can't be treated as "things".

He kept bringing in Ducks cause they knew how chip "DID IT", but that doesn't substitute for talent or the needed mental skills to play in the NFL.

To me that just shows that he wanted things his way with no room for dissent or change.

Comment

I wish Chip was the guy. There is something sports car like about his offense that, when running correctly, makes it fun to watch. But, that car has not been running right for some time. We are averaging 4 points a game less this year than in year 1 with Andy’s guys and 7 points a game behind last year. The defense is similar with points per game 3 points a game over each of the last two years. Since the midpoint of 2014, we have averaged 28 points a game against us while scoring 25. At just under 23 a game this year on offense and 28 on defense, we are regressing dramatically with a swing of a touchdown a game from 2013 and almost 10 points a game worse than last year. I think what Lurie did was listen to the rumblings and here a coach that wanted no accountability for the marginal decisions with personnel that have been made and then, based on reports, wanted to retain all the power. Do I wish we were not rebuilding and retooling the FO, coaching staff and team; absolutely. But, I prefer this over another off season like last year and season like this past one. We have spent the better part of the last season and a half with a .43 winning percentage, we have been outcoached and out hustled, made stupid penalties and watched leaders on the team simply give up. The record is one thing that is hard, but manageable. The team quitting is mind-numbing. I look forward to the change
              Last edited by kyfred; 12-30-2015, 01:05 PM.

Comment

agree kyfred; I also look forward to the change because they are currently dysfunctional. But I believe it is completely Chip's fault (ego, personality, whatever) that they are the way they are
                Hope is not a strategy
                RIP

Comment

Originally posted by kyfred View Post
                  I wish Chip was the guy. There is something sports car like about his offense that, when running correctly, makes it fun to watch. But, that car has not been running right for some time. We are averaging 4 points a game less this year than in year 1 with Andy’s guys and 7 points a game behind last year. The defense is similar with points per game 3 points a game over each of the last two years. Since the midpoint of 2014, we have averaged 28 points a game against us while scoring 25. At just under 23 a game this year on offense and 28 on defense, we are regressing dramatically with a swing of a touchdown a game from 2013 and almost 10 points a game worse than last year. I think what Lurie did was listen to the rumblings and here a coach that wanted no accountability for the marginal decisions with personnel that have been made and then, based on reports, wanted to retain all the power. Do I wish we were not rebuilding and retooling the FO, coaching staff and team; absolutely. But, I prefer this over another off season like last year and season like this past one. We have spent the better part of the last season and a half with a .43 winning percentage, we have been outcoached and out hustled, made stupid penalties and watched leaders on the team simply give up. The record is one thing that is hard, but manageable. The team quitting is mind-numbing. I look forward to the change
                  maybe because the line got worse each season
                  We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                    maybe because the line got worse each season
                    That it did. Our resident genius saw no need to upgrade the line.

Comment

• Originally posted by NoDakIggle` View Post
                      Now Chip would be good with just being coach. BULLSHI*. Andy said the same thing when he left. These guys bring it on themselves. Coaches coach and GMs GM. I hope the hell Lurie has learned that lesson
                      How true is that ND!!! Look at Mike Holgram. The dork leaves a team that wins the SB in Green Bay because he wants to run the whole show in Seattle and fails miserably. These coaches and their egos are really something.
                      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

• I recall something about ....promoting people to the level of their incompetence. Something like that. Fortunately, I was wise enough to not try to rise above the level of nighttime janitor.
                        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

• Originally posted by FRESH View Post
                          I recall something about ....promoting people to the level of their incompetence. Something like that. Fortunately, I was wise enough to not try to rise above the level of nighttime janitor.
                          I submit we change the Peter Principal to be referred to as the Kelly rule from here on out.

Comment

Working...
                          X