Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those that may have missed Heckert..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geez folks it called NEGOTIATION. If Heckert comes up and plays up Stallworth then Rosencrap is going to throw it back in their face during negotiations.

Its the off season folks, things are going to be said that don't seem right, its because they are negotiating

The thing you have to take from this is this, Heckert did say he is negotiating with Stallworth right now. Which means they are trying to bring him back
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

You can call it a negotiation. It is.

You can also call it reality, because it's that, too.

He caught 38 balls. He missed 5 games. Those things really happened. I'm not interested in tearing the guy down but I almost feel like this has become holy war between the people that believe that this is Jerry Rice and those that feel otherwise. If he walks to San Fran, to Minnesota, or the the freakin CFL there will be a LOT of bitching and moaning coming out of Philly, no?

He caught 38 balls. He missed significant time due to injury. And he's always missed significant time due to injury. He came here on a one-year "prove it then get paid" deal and he still missed 5 games.

I think that says a lot.

I'd like him back, but I don't think it's good business sense to overpay a guy unless there's some seriously legitimate reasons to do so. What exactly are the significant reasons to overpay this guy? He did some really good things, as Dawk mentioned, and he was a total team player from what I could tell. He was always fired up on the sidelines when something good happened and he seemed to put the team first. He had no problem blocking. He made some tough catches and scored some TDs. I like him man...I really do.

But he really did only catch 38 passes.

And he really did miss five games.

He'd certainly catch more passes and be more productive if he could stay on the field, but he's never really shaken the "can't stay on the field" label that's slapped on his forehead. And he did nothing to disprove that in his year with us.

I guess we'll see soon enough, but I'd rather it not be the Eagles that overpay this guy. I think missed time on the field is too easily forgotten by many. You can't help the team if you can't stay on the field. I'd be cautious with Donte.

Comment

I think he only missed 4 games, and was sat down for one, no?
        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

I also want to mention that Donte said he was looking to work with a specialitst and had talked to Burkholder about it and thought they could get him hamsting issue under control. Might be true, might not. But it is something I have suspected. I mean, come on here, we are talking about a hammy, not a guy who keeps blowing out knees.
          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH
            I think he only missed 4 games, and was sat down for one, no?
            Actually, starting with week 3 he missed SF, managed 1 play against GB before re-injuring his hammy, and then missed Dal, NO and TB. Like the other starters he only had a cameo against the Falcons. In effect he missed 5 games and was pulled real early in 1.

Comment

Originally posted by EFD
              And he's always missed significant time due to injury.
              This is not correct. His last two years in NO, he played all 16 games.

Year Team G GS Rec Yds Avg Lg TD 20+ 40+ 1st
              2002 New Orleans Saints 13 7 42 594 14.1 57 8 11 2 26
              2003 New Orleans Saints 11 3 25 485 19.4 76 3 6 3 19
              2004 New Orleans Saints 16 10 58 767 13.2 45 5 13 1 35
              2005 New Orleans Saints 16 13 70 945 13.5 43 7 16 1 50
              2006 Philadelphia Eagles 12 11 38 725 19.1 84 5 14 4 30
              TOTAL 68 44 233 3516 15.1 84 28 60 11 160
              www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

Playing all games and playing all games healthy are two different things.

Like EFD I wouldn't mind the guy back for the right price but don't overpay. The guy is a decent #2 so pay him decent #2 money.
                FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Maybe the market won't be as hot for him as we fear.

Two of the worst teams, AZ and DET, are already stocked with WR. They need other help.
                  www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

he has averaged 8.5 starts per year. a little over 13 games played
                    has never had 1,000 yards

we know all that. I also know it is a negotiation. Typically you don't say much. Especially in pro sports in which ego's are so big.

I guess I am just bothered that Heckert focused on the negative (just 38 catches) with Donte and the positive when discussing Greg Lewis, Baskett and Avant. Maybe it is nothing? I just have to think that stung Donte a little bit

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20
                      I just have to think that stung Donte a little bit
                      My first reaction to that is boo-freaking-hoo.

But seriously, the difference with all the positive talk about GLew, Baskett and Avant is that the rest of the talk about them - from the media and the fans - was entirely negative. He had to reinforce that the FO believed they had quality players.

Heckert in this case was probably trying to temper all the "Oh my God, we need Donte" talk coming from the fans and media a bit for the sake of the negotiations, IMO.

I don't know. That's how I see it.

Maybe Heckert thinks he sucks.

Comment

The Iggles never, I say never, tip their hand about drafts, negotiations, strategy, whatever. Why should this be any different. This is all sound and fury signifying nothing IIRC :P

Comment

Working...
                        X