THE Nick Foles thread------

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE Nick Foles thread------

Based on the perimeters of Foles's contract, the Eagles have until February 12 to make a decision on Foles and the $20 million option.

If the Eagles pick up the option, Foles has five days to pay the Eagles $2 million and buy his way back into free agency. If Foles does not void the option, the $20 million becomes fully guaranteed on the fifth day of the league year (March 1.

Have at it all you contract/cap wizards.

A bit more---

The Philadelphia Eagles have a decision to make on Nick Foles for 2019, whether to exercise his $20 million option or let him walk as a free agent. Based on the perimeters of Foles's contract, the Eagles have until February 12 to make a decision on Foles and the $20 million option.

If the Eagles pick up the option, Foles has five days to pay the Eagles $2 million and buy his way back into free agency. If Foles does not void the option, the $20 million becomes fully guaranteed on the fifth day of the league year (March 1.

Per NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, the Eagles are expected to have a quality trade market for Foles. The Eagles can pick up the $20 million option, but then use the franchise tag on Foles...setting up a potential trade for the Super Bowl MVP (which nullifies the buy-back option for Foles).
    Last edited by MDFAN; 01-14-2019, 04:05 PM.

Comment

I don't know but I still think there is going to be something from out of left field that causes people to say oh s*** how in the hell did Howie do that. Maybe it is a Nick thing where he stays for damn near nothing or they get a boatload of picks. Maybe it is a trade Carson thing. Or maybe it is a trade Sudfeld thing. I just feel something that no one really expects
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

Under this scenario, they can let him walk and get nothing, pick up the option and hope he pays them $2,000,000 back or get stuck with him making $20M or then franchise at $25M and trade. If we are in a franchise situation, hasn't the buy-back already been exercised? Sure, he would get the $2,000,000 back and a little more, is that what is meant?

Comment

Eagles have the option to keep him for $20MM next year. IF the Eagles exercise that option, then Foles has the opportunity to pay back his $2MM 2018 bonus he received which grants him free agency. IF he goes that route, then I believe the Eagles can franchise tag him (which is around Feb 15th I believe). While this sounds good for the Eagles, I don't know that it will pan out. The Eagles have to be under the cap by the start of the league year and so they will either have to shed/restructure salaries to get under the cap while carrying Foles $25MM franchise tag or simply drop the tag designation by the time the new league year starts in early March. Teams may simply wait this time out so they get a free crack at Foles rather than giving up assets to trade for him AND sign him to a long term deal. No team is trading for him without figuring out the parameters in advance of signing him to a deal. I hope we can get something for him. I'm beginning to lose hope that we do. If we let him walk, we'd most likely get a 3rd round comp pick in 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc View Post
            Eagles have the option to keep him for $20MM next year. IF the Eagles exercise that option, then Foles has the opportunity to pay back his $2MM 2018 bonus he received which grants him free agency. IF he goes that route, then I believe the Eagles can franchise tag him (which is around Feb 15th I believe). While this sounds good for the Eagles, I don't know that it will pan out. The Eagles have to be under the cap by the start of the league year and so they will either have to shed/restructure salaries to get under the cap while carrying Foles $25MM franchise tag or simply drop the tag designation by the time the new league year starts in early March. Teams may simply wait this time out so they get a free crack at Foles rather than giving up assets to trade for him AND sign him to a long term deal. No team is trading for him without figuring out the parameters in advance of signing him to a deal. I hope we can get something for him. I'm beginning to lose hope that we do. If we let him walk, we'd most likely get a 3rd round comp pick in 2020.
            If a team wants him bad enough they would make the trade for him in those 5 days before he hit the market, but then again his contract goes with him so maybe that won't happen. It looks like the franchise tag to me and then make the trade. Howie will figure something out. He's had enough time to think about it and like I said a couple of times earlier I'm sure that he's been working the phones. He seems like a Denver kind of guy with his personality but I have no idea what their QB makes there.
            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I just watched Nick's last interview clearing out the locker room. I know he loves it here. But, he mentioned the confidence he has now and it really seems that he wants his own team.

The guy is nothing but class and an incredible role model. No matter what happens, thank you for everything St Nick !

Comment

never get a bad word from me
                We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I wish him well and he may want to be traded but the best way for him to win is NOT to be dealt for a lot of picks to a team in need of a QB that then has no draft picks.
                  You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

I thought he’d end up in Denver last offseason. I’m guessing Jacksonville but maybe that’s too obvious of a destination.

Comment

Working...
                    X