Corey Helps Pats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corey Helps Pats

How can any one deny that Corey Dillon will improve the Patriots offense? Let me just remind the nay sayers that he is replacing ANTOWAIN SMITH! Though Dillon may not see 25-30 carries a game...he certainly is a large improvement/asset to the Patriots offense.

I agree, Cory Dillon should have a pretty good season rushing for NE.
    Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Guy, welcome to the forums.

I don't know why Tom Schaller is so down on Dillon. I am on the same page. How can Dillon be WORSE than A. Smith? Everyone thinks Dillon could be a "cancer" in the locker room. BillB is not going to let this happen. I liken the situation to TO in Philly... except that TO is going to bring the Super Bowl.
      Support Sportscolumn.com! Tell a friend!

Comment

Dillon will not be a a "cancer" in the locker room, at least for this year. He has got to be thrilled out of his gourd to be on the defending champs instead of the perennial chumps for the first time in his career. He was always pissed about being in Cinci and he still put up huge numbers. And you gotta believe the Belichick Administration has some lovely plans for a RB of his calibur. Finally, the NE running game is going to be fun to watch instead of a boring attempt at keeping the defense honest.

Comment

Tell me which back WILL average 25 - 30 carries per game?

Even if you assume a more reasonable 20 carries per game, it isn't going to happen. Dillon doesn't have the stamina or durability to carry that kind of load. He's only averaged 20 or more carries per game one time in his career. Expect him to average fewer than 15 carries per game. If he contributes 700 - 800 yds this season, that'll have to be considered good.

Corey is too selfish to accept sharing carries with Faulk, but he'll have to. His carries will be doubly important to him, because he restructed his contract so that he is paid according to his performance. He's going to be a very unhappy man this year.

I keep hearing that Bellichick "won't allow" Corey to be a disruption. Aside from waving his magic wand, how will he prevent Corey from running his mouth in and out of the locker room?

Again, I never said he'd be worse than Smith. So quit pretending that I did. He is not, however, going to be a significant upgrade.

Comment

Dillon a good welcome

I am excited that our NE Pats finally have a running back worth watching. Smith was a good guy, but he couldn't get the running game done. Sure, he had a few good carries, but that's it. Dillon will not only have a 700-800 yd season. He has had great numbers and I believe he will continue with that. He's with the defending champs, you know he is happy. If he's happy, he will try his hardest to help us get back to the Super Bowl. And I think he can do it.

Comment

I am not a Dillon fan, not by a longshot. But I think he will certainly contribute to the Pats. Will he be a super star and this year's surprise fantasy RB? I really doubt that will happen. Number 1, they spread it around too much. He will play his important role and maybe get 6 TDs on the year.

Comment

Either way, he will contribute to the Pats going to the playoffs once again. I believe he is a good rusher and it will help our not-so-good runnign game. Other teams' defense will have to start watching the run and play-action will be great. Catch em' off guard and it improves our already great offense.

Comment

Free Anonymous proxy list download: http://www.checkproxy.net

Comment

Working...
                  X