No announcement yet.

Sorry Friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw Tamme completely whiff on a catch late that was a big gainer. If I can find it, i'll give you the actual time.

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
      We have Asante Samuel, who has picked off Manning in the past.

Nothing?
      Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Talkin about penalties....How about the non call when Shady got facemasked. If I remember, it was one on one too. Not like it was a huge pile and they couldn't see it. Think it was late 3rd quarter.....
        Theo

Bleedin Green in 117!!

Trey Wingo is still a geek!!

Comment

I know Tamme dropped the one big pass but his catch rate is almost identical to Clark so I'd argue that Clark would've dropped one of the 16 (!) times Tamme was targeted on Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
            Probably true of Collie and Garcon but I disagree on Dallas Clark. The guy hoovers up everything near him. I'd love to have Dallas Clark on our team.
            Clark is nothing special. Manning makes the TE in that offense shine whoever it may be. The TE is the main cog in that off. and Manning is the best. Brent Celek plays for the Colts and he's one of the 3 best TE's in football, guaranteed!
            Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

Comment

I saw Tamme completely whiff on a catch late that was a big gainer. If I can find it, i'll give you the actual time.
              I saw Reggie Wayne do the same thing in the game. Does he suck too?
              Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

Comment

So all the praise tossed at Dallas Clark all these years is just a mirage? huh. go figure.

Comment

So all the praise tossed at Dallas Clark all these years is just a mirage? huh. go figure.
                  * You know - I've been thinking about this all week and have heard it all over the place. Screw Dallas Clark. Leonard Weaver is a pro bowl FB and was a monster for our offense last year. He wasn't out there vs. the Colts.

Jamaal Jackson is the lynchpin to the middle of our offensive line and he wasn't out their Sunday vs. the Colts.

DeSean Jackson - like Austin Collie - came into the game coming off an injury and was a ? to some extent.

Screw Dallas Clark and screw Joseph Addai. Both teams have key injuries and in the end - the Colts had their top 3 WR's on the field and a HOF QB behind a healthy o-line.

Enough with Dallas Clark.

Oh...and Brent Celek is at about 50% right now. So screw Dallas Clark. And Joseph Addai is garbage.
                  Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                  Playoff Appearances:
                  NFC Title Games:
                  Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

what the hell dude. just cause injuries are decimating everyone around the league doesn't mean Dallas Clark isn't a great player.

Comment

what the hell dude. just cause injuries are decimating everyone around the league doesn't mean Dallas Clark isn't a great player.
                      * Of course he's great player - the argument was that the Eagles defense didn't do a great job Sunday because a TE was missing and/or the Colts "Were so banged up".

(Note: The fury in this post isn't directed just at you - it's pent up rage based on things I keep reading nationally and locally about how beat up the Colts are)
                      Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                      Playoff Appearances:
                      NFC Title Games:
                      Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

I know what you are saying, BP. I have seen many a talking head downplay our win, and sell it as we still had to hold our breath and hold off the mighty Colts.....blah, blah blah.....and none of them mention the absoute HORSESHIT penalites and no calls by teh officials in that game that caused it to even be close. We outplayed them soundly and should have won BIG.
                        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

well, it's true. just because the eagles are also banged up doesn't make it not true.

just as if the birds had lost to Indy and DJ was out, you could say "well, we were missing our most dynamic player."

In order to evaluate a team, any team, you'd like to see them take their best shot from an opponent and see how they do. I don't think that mentioning their all pro TE being out is out of bounds. Unless somehow one doesn't think Dallas Clark is good, in which case, I scratch my head.

Comment

But your basic argument is the Eagles defense didn't impress you and that the Colts would have scored 35 points with Dallas Clark. To which I say the fallacy of that argument is:

1) The Colts were "Given" 14 points by personal fouls so I guess you can revise your statement if we are playing the "if" game to properly characterize the Eagles defensive effort and say - "if" the refs had their heads out of their butts and "if" Dallas Clark had played - they would have scored 21 points. Less 14 - plus the 11 you arbitrarilty assigned Dallas Clark.

2) The concept of incremental gains applies here. So Tamme had 100 yards receiving and a TD. based on your logic around what Dallas Clark adds - he would have had 200 yards receiving and 2.5 TD's. That would have been amazing to watch!

* So I disagree and from the Peyton Manning quotes I read this week and knowing what I saw with my own two eyes - Sean McDermott and the defensive personnel on this team deserves this win as much as Mike Vick deserves this win and they played the best game they have under McDermott to date. You claim they did not - and that Dallas Clark was Jerry Rice and would have unravelled it all for McDermott and I say - ok - you can say that - but I think that's wrong.
                            Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                            Playoff Appearances:
                            NFC Title Games:
                            Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Working...
                            X