Vikings Next Team to Self-Destruct?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vikings Next Team to Self-Destruct?

Looks like Brad has lost the clubhouse! =>> http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5789738
    "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Childress is SO gone. I would be shocked if he lasts 2 weeks...win or lose.

Comment

Wow. THat's harsh, dude.
      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Seriously guys, what's the big deal if the players don't like their coach? This thing reminds me of the GEICO commercial where the ex drill instructer is the analyst. Dallas players liked Wade Phillips and look where they are. How many of you guys love your boss?
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
          Seriously guys, what's the big deal if the players don't like their coach? This thing reminds me of the GEICO commercial where the ex drill instructer is the analyst. Dallas players liked Wade Phillips and look where they are. How many of you guys love your boss?
          Did you read the whole article. It goes on to point out that the problem isn't that he is disliked by the players, the problem lies in the fact that the players don't respect him.

It's a shame, Ned seemed like he was on the bring of becoming a premier coach in this league until he fucked up the QB situation. First by drafting Tavaris and then by getting desperate and bringing in Favre.
          Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg View Post
            Did you read the whole article. It goes on to point out that the problem isn't that he is disliked by the players, the problem lies in the fact that the players don't respect him.

It's a shame, Ned seemed like he was on the bring of becoming a premier coach in this league until he fucked up the QB situation. First by drafting Tavaris and then by getting desperate and bringing in Favre.
            Yeah I read the whole article. Even a dummy like me can handle a couple of paragraphs. The article didn't mention anything about respect, however that's what you interpreted. As long as players do what the coach tells them to do there is no problem. You and I have no idea if that is happening or not. The player quoted obviously didn't like Childress taking shots at Farve in the media and therefore doesn't have Chilly's back. Big deal. The only way a player has a coach's back is winning, which both the player and coach need to keep their jobs. I do agree that things aren't going well in Minny and the wheels could fall off. I just think Childress did a good job putting the program together and has taken a lot of flack since he's been there. I agree with you that his biggest screw up was going after Farve again this year. I guess that can get you fired if it doesn't work out. And Moss may have been the last straw!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
              Yeah I read the whole article. Even a dummy like me can handle a couple of paragraphs. The article didn't mention anything about respect, however that's what you interpreted. As long as players do what the coach tells them to do there is no problem. You and I have no idea if that is happening or not. The player quoted obviously didn't like Childress taking shots at Farve in the media and therefore doesn't have Chilly's back. Big deal. The only way a player has a coach's back is winning, which both the player and coach need to keep their jobs. I do agree that things aren't going well in Minny and the wheels could fall off. I just think Childress did a good job putting the program together and has taken a lot of flack since he's been there. I agree with you that his biggest screw up was going after Farve again this year. I guess that can get you fired if it doesn't work out. And Moss may have been the last straw!
              My bad, must be thinking of a different article that I read recently about the players just having zero respect for Childress.
              Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Chilly didn't learn this from Reid:

After the win over Arizona, several Vikings players made their feelings very clear on the condition of anonymity. Childress' penchant for publicly rebuking his own players and openly questioning the efforts of those players in various practices (which recently led to a near-dustup between Childress and receiver Percy Harvin(notes)) has led to a situation in which, as one player told Jensen, "'We know that Childress doesn't have our backs, so why should we have his? We're playing for us, and we're winning despite him.''

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                  Chilly didn't learn this from Reid:
                  So Chilly chewed out players who were dogging it in practice. Geeze, Parcells never did that. Maybe Phillips should have tried it.

Comment

I think it's the public rebuking that players don't like.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                      I think it's the public rebuking that players don't like.
                      I hearya sf. I know it's a helluva lot harder coaching men than it is kids. It's funny how much the Eagle players liked Chilly as an assistant and now he's disliked in Minny. Headcoach is a whole different ballgame.

Comment

Working...
                      X