Andrew Luck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
    Seriously guys, who is Harbough? It's one thing when you coach kids, men are a different story. I can't think of any modern day coach who came from the college ranks and accomplished anything. I guess that you could say Barry Switzer, but he didn't build the Cowboys. He inherited a terrific team that had won the SB and did it again. I liked the complicated offense that Stanford had, but I guess that he had the right kids to run it. Saban was a great college coach and flopped in Miami. He returned to Alabama and won another National Championship. The 2 really are different ballgames.
    Hey ther Popper, hope all's well with you & the family.
    I think Jim Harbaugh is a different situation as far as being successful as an NFL Coach, here's why:
    #1 Played QB in the NFL for 15 years, understands D schemes.
    #2 payed his dues. Got into Coaching in '94, learned different position jobs. In '06 took over San Diego U, was succesful. Then take Stanford into a great position.
    #3 Ran a Pro O in College.
    Bottom Line, at age 47, 15 months less brother John, he's ready. He'll be a mayor coup for whoever lands him (I'm hearing Denver, Miami, Carolina, 49er's) and it's gonna be in the $6mil per range).
    Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

The idiots in Minnesota are as much responsible for the Cowboys '90s run than anyone actually in the Dallas front office. Didn't the Cowboys get Irving and Smith with the pick they got in the Herchel Walker trade?
      Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg View Post
        The idiots in Minnesota are as much responsible for the Cowboys '90s run than anyone actually in the Dallas front office. Didn't the Cowboys get Irving and Smith with the pick they got in the Herchel Walker trade?
        According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herschel_Walker_trade they already had Irvin, but did get Smith and Darren Woodson from picks from that trade, and Alvin Harper as well. Some of the picks were part of a later trade where they got the #1 overall pick, which turned into Russell Maryland. Still, it was Johnson making that trade and making the picks.

Other nuggets from that article which I didn't know -- Minnesota did get some picks from Dallas, one of which they used to draft Jake Reed. Also, Johnson already had an offer for Walker from Cleveland, which offered two first-round picks and three second-round picks. So they would have had quite a haul even without the Vikings coming in. Also, the Eagles traded for the third #1 pick Dallas got (the one in 1993), but then traded it away to Houston, who used it to pick Brad Hopkins (a 13 year left tackle for them, made a couple of Pro Bowls). The Eagles had two #1 picks in 1993, and used them on Lester Holmes and Leonard Renfro. Anyone know the details of the Eagles trades?

Comment

I love the Luck kid, but if I were drafting a QB I think that I would take Mallet from Arkansas over him. He's about 6'5 or 6'6 and has a gun for an arm. One thing that you can't coach is height.
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Eagle60 Luck is a safe pick that you know will be as good as say a Matt Hasselbeck was when healthy. He could be Tom Brady. Mallet to me has a HUGE upside and could be another Dan Marino but he could be another Dan McGuire.
            You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
              Eagle60 Luck is a safe pick that you know will be as good as say a Matt Hasselbeck was when healthy. He could be Tom Brady. Mallet to me has a HUGE upside and could be another Dan Marino but he could be another Dan McGuire.
              I wonder how safe Luck is after hearing his comments about staying in college because he loves the college life. Who does that remind you of? Matt Leinart maybe? I just don't understand the thought process there at all. Isn't it every high school player's dream to be a QB in the NFL? And this kid wants to screw around in college because it's a great life? He sounds like another west coast wingnut to me. Big Red Flag there AW!
              "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                I wonder how safe Luck is after hearing his comments about staying in college because he loves the college life. Who does that remind you of? Matt Leinart maybe? I just don't understand the thought process there at all. Isn't it every high school player's dream to be a QB in the NFL? And this kid wants to screw around in college because it's a great life? He sounds like another west coast wingnut to me. Big Red Flag there AW!
                Interesting you compare him to Leinart because I think people forget just how hyped Leinart was coming out of college. He was the biggest QB prospect since Manning. He slipped in the draft so some teams were on to him but his pre-draft hype was through the roof.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                  Eagle60 Luck is a safe pick that you know will be as good as say a Matt Hasselbeck was when healthy.
                  I often wonder how good Hasselbeck could have been if he'd been able to stay healthy.

Comment

Hotoffthewire just reported that Luck will return to Stanford next year. Pretty shocking when you know that Harbaugh will be coaching in the NFL.
                    Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

think someone is telling him a lockout is coming
                      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Working...
                      X