The day of reckoning is here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The day of reckoning is here...

Eagles fans, this is the day we have waited for over a year, and now it's finally here. I have been nervous all week about this game, but I now realize there is nothing to worry about. The Eagles are going to come out of the fire as double-digit victors.

On offense, Westbrook will play, he knows how much this game means; we also have this guy that right now is the best QB in the NFL. Tom Brady hasn’t been the same since the departure of one Charlie Weiss, ditto to Peyton Manning without Edge. McNabb has put up stats and wins with crap around him throughout his career. Not this year though, he has weapons. Donté may not be playing, but Reggie Brown is no slouch and Glew is playing the best ball of his career right now. LJ Smith is due for a breakout game. Buckhalter is healthy and is playing well, Ryan Moats is a fastball that could come in and get 2-3 carries and break one or more of them for long TDs. And oh yeah, this guy number 36, the X-Factor, Brian Westbrook.

Speaking of X, we got Weapon X, Wolverine, number 20, Brian Dawkins leading the defense. He’s not alone either, we also got the man in the middle the Axeman leading the best LB corps we have had since Gang Green. Our defensive line, even minus the Freak, Jevon Kearse is stronger than it has been in years. We have the best DT rotation in the league, Mike “Speed Racer” Patterson is a dominant tackle in just his second year in the league. Darwin Walker has strength that would put Hercules to shame. They are backed up by future starter Broderick “The Thing” Bunkley and the steal of the draft Ramsey. Yeah so the secondary is banged, up but with the defensive line bringing the heat on Drew Bledsoe, I’m confident that Sheldon and a newly returned Lito can get the job done.

That brings me to “the player”, yeah that’s right Mr. Terrell “Get Yo Popcorn” Owens. Guess what, he is unhappy in Dallas, he is playing second fiddle for the first time since his first couple of years under Jerry Rice. And guess what, he is going to be a non-factor in this game, sure he might get some catches, but like his Super Bowl performance the numbers will be misleading. The guy that worries me more is Ms. Terry Glenn. However, if Bledsoe has pressure in his face, like I think he will with our DTs, Glenn won’t have time to make it down the field. Don’t be surprised to see the return of the bend-but-don’t break defensive scheme this week; JJ is smart enough to tell his DBs keep everything in front of them. If I was game planning for this game I would set my defense so that if Dallas wants to score they will have to drive down the field for 10 or more plays. The more plays they run the more chances our defense has to tee off on Bledsoe, not only knocking him around but pressuring him into turnovers.

Eagles win 37-17. TO scores a meaningless TD late which further boosts his ego into thinking he is better than the team.
    Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

I agree. I'm tired of people saying they are scared about this game. Nut up. Let that sack down from your *****. I'm tired of hearing how the 'matchups' don't favor the birds. Nut up. If the matchup isn't good then you have to outsmart them-- maybe a little game planning and play calling would help. I've heard all year about the great depth the team has---well it is time for them to step up. The DL and the OL are still top quality and the QB is one who can make **** happen if he takes it upon himself to do so.
    No, it is time to go out there and beat your opponent. A couple hard hits to get them off their game. A couple of DMac magic plays to get them rattled. A couple of three and outs to get them dejected. And a couple of TDs to get them disheartened.
    Go Birds.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

E!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

A!!!!!!!!!
        "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
        — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
        - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Win baby,

G!!!!!!!!!

Comment

L!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

E

I can't wait to get home, have a few beers and watch the Eagles beat the snot out of TO, Bledsoe and the crygirls.
              Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

I'll finish this up!!!!!

S!!!!!!!!!!

EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM SO DAMN PROUD OF THIS
                T-E-A-M
                TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
                — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
                - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Working...
                X