• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BWAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!!!!!

http://www.nj.com/columns/times/eckel/i ... xml&coll=5

Around the NFL/By Mark Eckel

Sunday, April 01, 2007

MORE ON SPIKES

People around the league aren't sure Takeo Spikes ever will make it back from the torn Achilles tendon suffered in 2005. One personnel man said it would take a "miraculous recovery" for him to be the player he was. Even at less than he once was, he's probably better than what the Eagles had at linebacker.

What's interesting in this is that Spikes and defensive tackle Mon tae Reagor, the Eagles' other addi tion on defense, are the exact kinds of players they used to avoid at all costs -- over 30 and coming off in juries.

MEN OF TROY

Trenton native and five-time Pro Bowl player Troy Vincent is shopping around for a new team for his 16th NFL season. Look for Seattle, Cleveland and the Giants to be among his choices.

TRADE TALK

Now that the Randy Moss ru mors have died down (for now), the latest Green Bay trade talk has the Packers sending the 16th pick in the draft to San Diego for the 30th pick and running back Michael "The Burner" Turner. Stay tuned.

ALL ALONE

It's now official. I'm the only person in America (not named Theisman) who actually liked Joe Theisman.

http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

re: joey t

what's the expression? Douchebags flock together?

Comment

Turds of a feather?

"People around the league"....lol....gotta love the swipe that a permanently injured Spikes is still better than what the Eagles had...guess he missed his anti-bitterness pill this morning...lmao...
      Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Just how bad did he tear it? I heard he was playing well down the stretch last year......
        "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
        — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
        - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Originally posted by balto-eaglefan
          Just how bad did he tear it? I heard he was playing well down the stretch last year......
          According to ALL accounts he was --- some people never bother to let the facts get in the way.........but I guess there may have been that ONE person, that heard from the second cousin of a personal guy, that he didn't "think" TKO would make it all the way back. It's just speculation you know, so stop being so hard on the guy, he is just doing his job.

Comment

The problem with these articles is that they provide ABSOLUTELY NO EXPLANATION FOR THEIR OPINION. How can you write something and expect to be respected when you provide no explanation. Did TKO have one of the tears that has a high percentage of careers end? Does TKO look really bad in his return?

Every "expert" says that it takes AT LEAST ONE YEAR from surgery to be at 100%. This guy returned to the field SIX MONTHS after surgery. He then had to recover from the tear and a hammy. YET, he still played at a high level. He had a great end of the year at only about 80% recovered.

How does that equate to all this inside knowledge of "PEOPLE AROUND THE LEAGUE" who have ABSOLUTELY NO KNKOWLEDGE OF the improvements TKO has made from January 1st to April 1st? I can't believe a writer can be this stupid. And I am not saying he will be a probowler, but, the evidence points more in that direction than what this bozo infers.
            Pedro

Comment

Far as I can see, all Eckel suggests is that Takeo won't be the player he was circa 2004. Considering his age, is that such a wild idea?

Comment

Hey Eckel, Monte Reagor is not 30 yrs old yet. He won't be 30 until June. Also Eckel the Eagles over the years have signed or traded fro 30+ year old players in the Past. Owens, Bishop and Levon Kirkland to name a few.

What they don't do is sign 30+ year olds to BIG CONTRACTS. And that is still in contact today. Even the Spikes contract is not a big contract because it does not have guaranteed money(that was paid by Buffalo) so its essentualy a one year deal. Reagor has very little guaranteed money
                Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

"People around the league aren't sure Takeo Spikes ever will make it back from the torn Achilles tendon suffered in 2005. One personnel man said it would take a "miraculous recovery" for him to be the player he was."

The first statement says "people around the league", whoever they are or what positions they hold or what knowledge they have on medical issues, are not sure Spikes will EVER make it back from the injury...that to me means Spikes will NEVER play football again...

The second statement says one "personnel man" believes it would take a "miraculous recovery" for Spikes to be the player he was before the injury...

Which is it? He may never play again or may never be the player he was before the injury? Without any EVIDENCE and factual support for such "claims", the reader is left guessing and worried if he/she is a fan of the Eagles...

This is how IMO Eckel and his ilk generate controversy...
                  Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

I just got the bigest laugh out of the Theisman comment. Hey, I'll give Eckel credit for having the balls to admit that. Oh my.......

As for the Spikes thing, it's fluff. It's filler. It says and means nothing. Yo Eckel, "Hablas mucho pero dices nada!"
                    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Given that he played last year he certainly made it back. If it was such a disastrous injury that would not have happened? No. Serious? You bet, but not career threatening. Will he be the player he once was? Given the way NFL players age probably not. But if he's even close he was a steal. He doesn't have to make the Pro Bowl for this to be a great move for the Birds.
                      Redskins Suck Ass

Comment

Even though he was coming of the injury he still managed to pickup 70 tackles at a new position plus being hampered by a hamstring injury.
                        Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Hey, judging from what we traded for Spikes I guess that there wasn't a heck of alot of interest in him for whatever reason. The Eagles ate a pretty good contract there, although they can opt out at the end of the season. Maybe Darwin Walker has some inflated value over the rest of the league?
                          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60
                            Maybe Darwin Walker has some inflated value over the rest of the league?
                            I don't think the value is inflated. He's been a starting DT in this league for 5 years. Most if not all GMs rank DTs as being more valuable then LBs.

Hence when doing a player for player swap an average starter at DT is roughly equal to a potential pro bowler at LB at least value wise. Another reason why Buffalo was eager to make this trade is they wanted to dump salary.
                            Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Working...
                            X