Sorry Friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry Friends

* The Colts are going to absolutely humiliate us on Sunday. Don't dismay. I think it's probably we got 5-3 or 6-2 in the 2nd half of the season - starting with a big win over the Skins on MNF on the road.

That said - there is absolutely zero evidence or historical data that points to:

A) Andy Reid knowing how to beat the Colts (Trying to control the clock) and not trying to dictate the "Eagles" way of playing
    B) Sean McDermott having any idea how to scheme and defend against the disciplined and aggressive attack of Peyton Manning
    C) Any of our coaches recognizing "in game" adjustments by the Colts - even if we get an early lead - and preventing Manning and Co. from figuring out how to exploit us
    D) Sean McDermott's defense having any idea how to hold a lead in the 4Q against the type of passing attack the Colts have

We are outclassed in this game without a doubt. It will show on the field. The only chance we have is if we get rain on Sunday and it's cold/rainy and the Colts can't sling the ball around.

Otherwise - take the beat down - don't overreact and get ready for a battle of .500 ballclubs on Monday Night Football with a bitter McNabb ready to play well.
    Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
    Playoff Appearances:
    NFC Title Games:
    Super Bowl Titles:

I hate to say it but I agree with you Biggie. This game is all but a hopeless loss. The Colts seem to beat us down whenever we face them and we are still trying to figure out who we are while they are clearly a SB contender.

We may be 4-3 and they 5-2, but the Colts are significantly more than 1 game better than us. It ain't going to be pretty but we can go 4-4 in the remaining games and come out of this season with an 8-8 record which is exactly what I expected before the season began.
    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Juk - I have an odd feeling we got 9-7 - sneak into the playoffs and then make some noise before losing a tough game in the NFC Semis. It's the Andy Reid way.

But this week - Reid should call the NFL and just forfeit. Let Jackson/Vick get healthy for the Skins 100%.
      Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
      Playoff Appearances:
      NFC Title Games:
      Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

I'm thinking of this week as a shake-the-rust-off game for both of them.
        Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
        Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

I am not that pessimistic. With their top 2 RB's out and their top WR's except for Reggie Wayne, unless Wayne can pull a Kenny Britt, we should win a squeaker. I look for a close game decided in the closing seconds with a David Akers FG

Comment

I'm not that pessimistic either. Their offense is depleted right now....and you just address that unit vs our defense. Ya know, our offensse isn't going to be too shabby itself. We have a real shot in this one.
            http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Delusional.
              Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
              Playoff Appearances:
              NFC Title Games:
              Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
                I'm not that pessimistic either. Their offense is depleted right now....and you just address that unit vs our defense. Ya know, our offensse isn't going to be too shabby itself. We have a real shot in this one.

First Two words: Peyton Manning
                Two more words: Eagles secondary
                Last two words: Kill me

Comment

Unless their backup backup WRs don't have hands, it's gonna be a long day.

Interesting that Vegas has made the birds favorites.

Comment

Sad.

If Vick and Desean are backin the lineup, we can hurt that defense pretty damned well ourselves. I'm looking for a shootout where we have plenty of rounds in the chamber ourselves.
                    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

How the hell did the Colts ever lose to Jacksonville!?!
                      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Divisional + letdown game.

It's like how we used to lose to the Cardinals all the time for no reason.

Comment

Jerrah Jones predicts an Eagles' win.
                          "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Comment

We can beat the Colts. But, Vick is going to have to bring his A+ game. We are not going to shut Manning down or blow them out.

Comment

Working...
                              X